PDA

View Full Version : my carrier is messesd^ can u tell me whats the mater?i need help asap!

lil400exman
08-13-2002, 10:14 AM
i notced on sunday i was riding my 400 and it was making a rubbing noise so i washed it and rode it still that rubbing noise in the rear end so i lubed the chain rode it around and still the feel of losing power and sssssssskkkrrrrrcccsssssss noise so i was inspecting and lubed and cleaned rear end when i spotted my rear and axle with a good half inch gap between the swing arm and axle so jacked it up and i measeied this it moves a total of 1 inch each way and stuff i dont know what to do i need your asap n this i need to go racing next week!:confused: :huh

kaneman23
08-13-2002, 10:24 AM
Check your rear brake and caliper assembly. Sounds like your Parking brake isn't adjusted properly and is causing the pads to rub the disc. You may want to buy a parking brake block off kit and new clutch lever.

Bean
08-13-2002, 10:52 AM
if ur axel moves, and it makes screeeching sounds, ur bearings are shot, replace them fast, u can do it before next week, and make sure u tighten the axel real good when u aer puttin it back on

kaneman23
08-13-2002, 11:05 AM
I apologize, I didn't read the part about the 1 inch gap. You should replace your bearings and you may have damaged the carrier as well. Good luck,
Justin