PDA

View Full Version : my carrier is f^ can u tell me whats the mater?i need help asap!

lil400exman
08-13-2002, 10:14 AM
i notced on sunday i was riding my ex and it was making a rubbing noise so i washed it and rode it still that rubbing noise in the rear end so i lubed the chain rode it around and still the feel of losing power and sssssssskkkrrrrrcccsssssss noise so i was inspecting and lubed and cleaned rear end when i spotted my rear and axle with a god half inch gap between the swing arm and axle so jacked it up and i measeied this it moves a total of 1 inch each way and stuff i dont know what to do i need your asap n this i need to go racing next week!:confused:

racer_ex55
08-13-2002, 03:14 PM
buy a new carrier or maybe you need bearings

Stevo
08-13-2002, 06:29 PM
Same thing happened to mine. Bearing broke inside. If u caught it soon u might of saved ur carrier, so just get new axle bearings and seals. But mine was rode too long with no bearings so it ate away at the carrier and cracked on the side with the bearing that fell out.

It's still apart in the garage and im waiting on a new rad bearing carrier with axle nut. Hope it's better! ttyl

toby400ex
08-14-2002, 11:05 PM
same thing happened to me when i rode it too long with bed bearings they explode and my whole carrier had a crack and one side shattered and fell off and then it was a pain in the arse to get the axle nut off. it took a 2 foot long pipe wrench a 3 foot long pipe and a 200 pound man to stand on the wrench. then it just turn the engine when it was in first gear.