PDA

View Full Version : milky white oil

dakawie
06-12-2006, 05:42 PM
i was racing my quad last week and i noticed a white milky liquid in my airbox. some of the other racers told me it was water in my oil, so i changed the oil and got the same result. ive heard that it could be a busted water jacket, water pump, or even the waterpump seal. does anybody know what to do or has ever had this problem:confused: :confused:

GPracer2500
06-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Typically milky white oil does mean water in the oil.

But what quad?

BlasterEaten250
06-13-2006, 08:59 AM
when my dad used to have his 3-wheeler he dumped it in a pond by accident and it did the same thing, the oil was white. I think he had to change it a good 8-10 times before it was normal again.

bwamos
06-13-2006, 11:13 AM
If you're not getting steam out of your exhaust...

1st thing I'd do is get a couple cases of cheapo dino motorcycle oil from the autoparts store. Change out the oil. RUn it for like 5 minuets. Drain it. change oil, run 5min, drain, change, run, drain change, run. If by the 5th time you're still seeing water/milky oil, you have a bigger problem.

1 change wont get rid of it usually. Oil doesn't mix with water cool, so it won't necessiraly draw out all of the water when flushed the first time.

krt400ex
06-13-2006, 02:43 PM
I had the same problem with my dirtbike. It turned out being that the water pump was bad, and my crankshaft where the water seals seal on was badly eroded. could be very expensive, or not so expensive.

idontknowwhoiam
06-14-2006, 04:44 AM
i went threw the ice on my friends forman 2 winters ago and we changed out milky oil for a very long time

premiumtommy
06-14-2006, 03:21 PM
drain the oil really well...filter and all...

rock the quad around just to get the last bit on the bottom out...

then let sit in sun for awhile...the water should evaporate...

after you fill the bike up again....crank it over by hand a couple times to get everything wet with oil....

check it out....works for me...it never looks that deep until the quad is buried...lol