PDA

View Full Version : nmotion (bigbore)

r450rr
06-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Hey guys tell me all that you know and herd about the 544cc monster bore that nmotion makes. I am seriously considering this kit. also are there any bigger out there than this kit\

101mm Bore 70.4mm Stroke 544cc (MUHUHUHUHUAHAHAHAHA)

R3Concepts
06-12-2006, 09:15 PM
DONT do it.

GIXXER1KR
06-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Right!!!!Bigger isnt always better.Unless your Johnny Holmes!LOL!!!!

400 SS EX
06-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Why?????? that is 137 percent of the stock bore!!! Motors are just plain not meant for that stuff. The only quads that have good results with monster bores are banshees, but there 2 cylinder and need to be built every other weekend! If you need power like that buy a wrecked cbr 600 , or yamaha r6 on ebay and put the motor and radiator in your ex frame. Don't forget to gusset! haha ---

eganracing
06-12-2006, 10:01 PM
sounds like it would create alot of problems down the road. do some more research before u buy.

r450rr
06-12-2006, 10:26 PM
well i was told by alot of respecatble people. that boring isnt so bad, especially since this kit comes with the head i mean its not like im sending it off to be done by some joe smoe. heres why i think i should just bore. (iwant more power) and i have thought and thought about buying another higher compression piston,,, and just keep going up like that. but that haas more downfalls to me by (me just havubng to buy something other than pump
gass. and that cant be good on the stock head. plus its going to be harder to kick over. I mean when i sit back and think about it. if i bore it, (i can keep pump gas.. gain a whole lot of power. and plus have an extra head,,and piston if something was to go wrong with the head of the 544 kit...I dunno to each his own i am more than likely going to get this kit regardless unless. everyone that has used it has had major problems.

angry450r
06-13-2006, 07:43 AM
heres the thing. your gonna gain alot of bottom end power ( for sure!) but keep in mind that motor being that big isnt gonna like revving anymore the whole problem is when it lets go (and it will) its going to be catostrophic. its gonna turn into a nice coffee table. and thats about it.it all depends what your intentions are for it drag racing,hill climbing, woods, mx, being that big doesnt mean your always gonna win. you make it sound like your gonna do it any so rock on. when you go on ebay to look for a new motor 2k is a fair price!lol just my .02

atvridernc
06-13-2006, 08:33 AM
why not go with a 480 or something slightly bigger than stock?

r450rr
06-13-2006, 03:25 PM
ok, im taking it that noone has even bothered to try this kit. i guess ill be the first.and by saying (let go, the connectting rod? transmission? just what is prone to letting go. ?) what do you think will let go first. ?? i know that boring only gives you bottem end and really thats all i want. the 0-=whatever.. i dont care if i cant outrun a corvette. i just want major bottomend. i am just to used to what i got, the powerband is getting old,and i just want more usable power.)

dtmichau
06-13-2006, 04:11 PM
I am with you. Like anyone else, too much is never enough. I am working on obtaining the 488 kit from maxpower engines. Its called the ice cube and after the research i have done on it, it seems legit. I am proposing this kit to you in light of the nmotion kit. The ICE CUBE site gives you the HP and Tourque numbers with mods that are VERY similar to the ones you already have done to your bike. Providing you with over 50 ponies, this kit is what I beleive you are interested in. Wont quite be the 544 kit, but it will be far more reliable and will still thump a lot of things you match up against.

If you are simply dieing to go bigger, then look into their 522 kit. Its literally a ladder step up from the 488 kit. It gives you a stroker crank to reach 522 cc's. My advice to you is look into this kit and dont count it out. If you get the 488 kit and dont want anymore than that, then i would still reinforce the crank. Check out Falicon Cranks for that. Good Luck.

R3Concepts
06-13-2006, 04:33 PM
:::Shakes head::: Ahh where to start:

1. Pump gas 544 wont make a dime over 60/40

2. NMotion porting is sub-par

3. You dont just bore it to a 544, its the NMotion 101 jug.

4. Pricey build for what you get.

5. You can get a stock bore within 2 of this kit.

6. All the other 110 reasons why you shouldnt do it, but on the same token you did say you would be the first. (Wonder why?)

If this was an all out drag bike I would day go for it, but if youre on ANY type of budget then dont, and if you dont have any knowledge or exp. with strokers then again, it wouldnt be a wise choice.

Trx4Life
06-26-2007, 03:33 PM
if you got the cash I say why not. I know a lot of people running monster bores and big strokes. They are all drag bikes but exceppt for the occasional blown head gasket they really dont have to many problems. Most of them are sprayning nos too. So we are talking some 70+ hp 4 strokes. I dont know about the honda but the raptors are good for well over 80 but the yfz doesnt have enouff clamping force on the head for over about 75 hp youll blow head gaskets perttery reguler.

pro-rider46
06-26-2007, 10:34 PM
nmotion makes a 600 kit also. they are very expesive. it like a grand for the cilinder itself and like 1500 for the crank. i think that would be a sweet build to see. NO MATTER what you do to the engine, if you put a aftermarket part in there it is going to decrease reliability. that 600 wont be very reliable either. but that all the more of a reason to rebuild again. plus nmotions porting is not real good. get someone else to port it better.

the bike engine with a turbo will lay down over 200 hp. that 600 wont do that. try the bike idea. plus look in a old dirtwheels, lonestar put a rc51 motor into a yfz and on top of that put a turbo on it. NOW THATS AN IDEA

chad502ex
06-27-2007, 06:52 AM
I agree with R3Concepts

400exrider707
06-27-2007, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by chad502ex
I agree with R3Concepts

Me too!!!

Originally posted by pro-rider46
NO MATTER what you do to the engine, if you put a aftermarket part in there it is going to decrease reliability.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here in a long time:rolleyes:

kazpr
06-27-2007, 08:06 AM
I agree with R3Concepts

He knows what he is talking about :)

pro-rider46
06-27-2007, 01:20 PM
why is that the most ridiculous thing you heard

This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here in a long time:rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

400exrider707
06-27-2007, 01:29 PM
why is that the most ridiculous thing you heard

This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here in a long time:rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

You said putting anything aftermarket on decreases reliability, can you explain that? It just doesn't make sense. There are quite a few aftermarket items you could put into a motor to make it MORE reliable. How about a falicon supercrank, I would trust one of those over an OEM honda one, how about running a forged piston instead of a cast one like those typically found in two strokes? How about an aftermarket heavy duty cam chain?

pro-rider46
06-27-2007, 07:47 PM
well i agree with you, some parts do increase reliabilty. but others do not. like a cam, big bore, piston, etc. most parts do increase reliabilty, but a few dont.

i should refrase that and say some parts decrease reliabilty.

400exrider707
06-28-2007, 06:20 AM
well i agree with you, some parts do increase reliabilty. but others do not. like a cam, big bore, piston, etc. most parts do increase reliabilty, but a few dont.

i should refrase that and say some parts decrease reliabilty.

exactly.

KB Motorsports
06-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Wow.. This has to be the first thread where I ever seen someone not to buy a Nmotion kit...:D

Nmotion kit:
Everyone who has called back after purchasing one loved the kit.. I haven't stumbled across any failures yet either..

It's a cast aluminum cylinder w/larger water jackets with your choice of running pump gas or race gas. The kit also comes with special gaskets designed to work with the cylinder.

Don't let retail scare you away! We can knock off a bunch..

honda4life72
06-28-2007, 10:07 AM
big motors don't last long , a guy at the track has a 522 , he has 7 races on it and its already losing compression , and starting to run bad , and that has to be the most up kept bike at our track to

400exrider707
06-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by honda4life72
big motors don't last long , a guy at the track has a 522 , he has 7 races on it and its already losing compression , and starting to run bad , and that has to be the most up kept bike at our track to

Unless you know EXACTLY how the bike was built and what components were used its hard to say. I've seen some simple piston/cam combos that people seem to mess up.

Remember a motor is only as reliable as you build it. I try to follow this guideline everytime I put a motor together, whether Im just putting in a piston or doing a bottom up rebuild.

chad502ex
06-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by KB Motorsports
Wow.. This has to be the first thread where I ever seen someone not to buy a Nmotion kit...:D

Nmotion kit:
Everyone who has called back after purchasing one loved the kit.. I haven't stumbled across any failures yet either..

It's a cast aluminum cylinder w/larger water jackets with your choice of running pump gas or race gas. The kit also comes with special gaskets designed to work with the cylinder.

Don't let retail scare you away! We can knock off a bunch..

Oh No! I was never suggested that the NMotion jug isn't a superior product! it is imo- especially compared to others currently available. I've used some of the raw "builders" NMotion cylinders with great success. Superior imo.

I just do not agree that strokers kits are for individuals who have little or no experience with stroker engines and just assume that you buy the kit, easily install and 1-2-3 bingo! you've got trouble free power!

wrong assumption that most selling the kit wont tell.

For instance, there is a requirement for an increase in preventative maintenace associated with strokers, concerns of improper cam chain lengths, frame fitment, cylinder side loading, port/valve/cam/carb/pipe matching to the increase of displacement, inproper bore stroke ratios... all of which is high dollar to "re-adjust"....

its more than just buying a nice kit,... its the other considerations that are never spoken during the sale...

I just wanted to clarify that my advice is based on experience not sale.

LTR450_#67
06-28-2007, 11:31 AM
chad502ex <--------BALLER, shot caller

chad502ex
06-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
chad502ex <--------BALLER, shot caller

urban dictionary :rolleyes:

Like it or not, I've always said it how it really is,...

400exrider707
06-28-2007, 11:40 AM
urban dictionary :rolleyes:

Like it or not, I've always said it how it really is,...

It was a compliment bud hahaha,

I think:confused: