PDA

View Full Version : Under Oath

PismoLocal
06-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Does any one know of any bands that sound kind of like/ sing the same type o music as underoath and the used?

fandl450r
06-12-2006, 05:14 PM
Sinnistar ;) Underoath rocks though.

xander1027
06-12-2006, 06:44 PM
if you like underoath and the used you will probably like;
the fall of troy
chiodos
funeral for a friend ( there older stuff)
alexisonfire (pronounced alexis on fire)
the bled
i have a couple other i cant think of right now

dober250R
06-12-2006, 06:55 PM
i'm goin to see the fall of troy this thursday. All I have to say about underoath is the keyboard guy looks like he's having seizures during every song, i was busting up laughing when they opened for thrice

Nick110
06-12-2006, 06:59 PM
From First to last, From autumn to Ashes, ahh theres more I just cant think.

rooster400ex
06-12-2006, 07:04 PM
haste the day, killswitch engage, saves the day, silverstein, and as i lay dying

Punk'd
06-12-2006, 08:10 PM
From first to last and Silverstein

ny300exrider
06-12-2006, 08:28 PM
when i saw underoath live, i couldnt stop laughing at the keyboarder. i honestly dont know how he has any brain cells left with all of that convulsing.

dober250R
06-12-2006, 08:41 PM
I thought I was the only person who got a good laugh at that!!! Seriously that guy needs some medication, stat!!

Iliketogofast
06-13-2006, 03:31 AM
If you like Underoath you should try listening to The Fall of Troy. Start out with the song "F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.", cause it's the softest and catchiest. It will give you a taste for the band. They listen to the rest of the songs.

IMO, they're the best prog. band on the scene right now.

Holy **** dober, I thought I'd be the only TFOT fan on here. Man I really want to go to one of their shows... The Black Unicorn tour is fricken sweet! He is Legend, TFOT and Showbread all in one place!? WTF!

You better hope and pray they'll be there, though. They've been cancelling shows on that tour left and right, and they've even cancelled their appearance on Warped this year. There was a rumor going around that they were breaking up, but it was confirmed as false (phew).

Punk'd
06-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Underoath is the chit man:bandit:

PismoLocal
06-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Underoath is the chit man:bandit:
Ya I like them a lot too thats why I was asking if any one else new of other bands that sound like them. I was also wondering what everybodies opinion on trivium, I havent heard any of there music but It seems like a lot of people from this site listen to them.
What type of music are they/ who do they sound like?

ny300exrider
06-13-2006, 01:25 PM
im more into the true hardcore style music-terror,bane,comeback kid, killing the dream, down to nothing, this is hell, stretch armstrong, casey jones, cdc, evergreen terrace, every time i die, norma jean, verse, old throwdown, etc. i think fall of troy is pretty good too. the old underoath before they got popular was crazy.(albums: the act of depression, cries of the past, and the changing of times) although there new stuff is still alright, and i really like their message, im still in favor of the old stuff that many of their so called "fans" have no idea about. and just to throw in- i listen to dipset, jedi mind tricks, fabulous, immortal technique, wu-tang, papoose, and a whole list of rappers/mc's as well. i like the best of both worlds

edit:i dont really care for trivium, too metally/dark for me but i know a ton of people like them.

Mean250r
06-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Swisha house PAUL WALL

Hondadudeehhhh
06-13-2006, 02:25 PM
im not into the new underOath, i really like their older singer dallas and he has a pretty sweet new band. Its a different sounding music but its still bad ***
Maylene and the sons of disaster. It took me a while to get use to them but now i absolutely love the sound.

As far as bands sounding like underoath, i think the new stuf sounds like hawthorne heights. UnderOath has a couple new good songs.

dober250R
06-13-2006, 02:41 PM
come back kid is awesome. I saw them open up for rise against!!! Come back kid definitely gets me pumped up!!

xtullyx16
06-14-2006, 09:45 AM
yeah man theirs tons.. like burden of a day that bands kick ***... Silverstein definatley... many others but i dont know them... on myspace their are tons of tooth and nail bands that sound simillar if not harder..

Robin Hood
06-14-2006, 03:00 PM
www.purevolume.com/norami

Check them out, I like their entire CD. IMO the best song is Warning in the Weather.

Underoath kicks arse though. :D

250r(quadman19)
06-14-2006, 11:38 PM
check out purevolume.com on all these bands

rookie of the year (a little bit slower,my boys though)
!!***Alesana**!! (New Band...Reall TIIIIIIIGHT)
emauel
senses fail
So they say
Panic! at the disco
**Killswitch Engage**(bad***** LIVE)**
Haste The Day
!!!**Hawthorne Heights**!!!
Dead Poetic
**!!!Silverstein**!!!
A Change Of Pace
Fall Out Boy
From First To Last
Jarris
Emery
Cartel
The Bled
**Atreyu**(Awesome Live!!)**
The Used
**Unearth**(f**kin bada**/Metal!!)
**As I Lay Dying**(Best band LIVE!!)**
LASTWINTER (New Band)
Nature Living (New band from JAPAN)
well thats pretty much the emo/screamo scene..so enjoy!! i hope that helped out! laaaaaaaaaaaater