PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket fuel mixture screw

angry450r
06-12-2006, 12:29 PM
was looking at the titanium stealth fuel mixture screw on ebay . what do you think of them ?pros and cons? I thought on my on its internallike I would have to take the bowl off my carb to adjust the fule/air mixture? any info would be great I m putting a slip on and jetting very soon so I wanted to look into this why it was apart

400exrider707
06-12-2006, 12:59 PM
There is no cons to aftermarket fuel screws, they are a life saver!!! I wish it would work on my 05:ermm:

450ERRRRRR!
06-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Your thinking right. Get one and life will be much more enjoyable. I got a MSR one and it's great. Now when the weather changes,or humity,elevation changes make it run ruff all you have to do is reach down and make a fine adjustment and go. If your adding a slip on go ahead and open up the airbox by cutting the lid to match the HRC or pull the lid of completly. Add a bigger main jet,I'm running a 170 in my 06 450r and it runs great. Remember if you leet more air in and more air out you must add a bigger jets or you"ll be lean and burn it up.

tltcracing
06-12-2006, 04:30 PM
i was thinking of getting one too. its not that big a deal to loosen the clamps and turn the carb but every little convience helps. im just worried about it spinning on is own.