PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Bearings

kaneman23
08-13-2002, 09:09 AM
I am replacing my stock axle with an LSR and I thought it would be a good time to replace the carrier bearings. Anyhow, I ordered the Bearings from Marcum's and they are made by RBI. I know I probably should have ordered Honda since I am using the OEM carrier but should it matter what brand? Bearings are bearings right? Thanks,
Justin

tprender
08-13-2002, 10:57 AM
Guess who Honda gets there bearing from. Do you think that Honda makes the bearing themselves? If they are the same size they will work. JUst remember to take off the seal and pack them with waterproof grease and then put the seal back on.

kaneman23
08-13-2002, 11:01 AM
Good point. Just wanted to make sure I didn't make a mistake by using other then honda bearings...
Thanks,
Justin

BTW, how do you remove the seals on the bearings?

cdalejef
08-13-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by kaneman23
BTW, how do you remove the seals on the bearings? Just use a real small pick and be gentle! It should push back on with your fingers.

kaneman23
08-13-2002, 07:51 PM
Thanks bud, I experimented with the old bearings and the cover pealed back easily. My stock bearings still look awesome and new considering the abuse I have put them through. It's a shame to replace them, but when your replacing the axle you might as well get in there and do the bearing too, I guess. Thanks,
Justin