PDA

View Full Version : super bowl qb in motorcycle accident

06-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Big Beb Roethlisberger(sp) was in a motorcycle accident about an hour ago...early reports say he was not wearing a helmet as the car pulled in front of him. he flew over the bars with his head srtiking the windshield of the automobile, and then again on the pavement after rolling over the hood of the car...

QuadManKev
06-12-2006, 10:20 AM
MSNBC Report (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13279232/)

insaneracin2003
06-12-2006, 10:27 AM
dayumm that bites,man,it just goes to show that even millionaires dont have a clue about helmets. being an nfl quarterback for the superbowl winning team you would think he would be smart enough to wear a helmet to protect that dome of his.doent the steelers have a clause of some type to protect their investment? man this bites,i hope he isnt hurt baddly....

sakirocket28
06-12-2006, 11:40 AM
so he wears a helmet when he plays football, but not when he rides his bike huh?:huh i think i found the problem!

insaneracin2003
06-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by sakirocket28
so he wears a helmet when he plays football, but not when he rides his bike huh?:huh i think i found the problem!
lmmfao!!!!!!

250R-Dee
06-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Football rules do not allow a player to play without a helmet.

In PA, a helmet is optional according to the law.

PolarisRider
06-12-2006, 01:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2480830

dober250R
06-12-2006, 03:50 PM
I'm not condowning (spelling?) not wearing a helmet. But in Ohio, you don't have to wear a helmet. And Ben said he doesn't like to wear a helmet when he rides. I personally think these people that don't wear helmets and ride bikes on the roads are nuts!!!

sickmojave
06-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by dober250R
I personally think these people that don't wear helmets and ride bikes on the roads are nuts!!!

We call them organ donors..:devil:

bulkdriverlp
06-12-2006, 04:37 PM
thats what you can expect when you dont wear a helmet, hes an idiot, he may have threw his football career away for being cool.

sakirocket28
06-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by sickmojave
We call them organ donors..:devil:

haha yeah if you can find all of him after the wreck!

baseballplaya23
06-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Thats just some karma for him from the superbowl

Mxjunkie
06-12-2006, 11:41 PM
I've asked alot of people that ride and they actually are more aware of whats happening if they dont have a helmet on.

FHKracingZ
06-12-2006, 11:58 PM
MxJunkie you are right but 90% of motorcycle accidents are caused by the other person.. it dosnt matter how aware you are if a car pulls out right in front of you there is nothing u can do.

Matt37
06-13-2006, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
MxJunkie you are right but 90% of motorcycle accidents are caused by the other person.. it dosnt matter how aware you are if a car pulls out right in front of you there is nothing u can do.

Yup!

I cannot stand donor cycles.

I guess I just value my life and my children to much to risk it on one of those things.

Big ben is at that age, when we all thought we were invincible.... once you find out your not, it hits you hard.

zedicus00
06-13-2006, 06:24 AM
i whare a helmet when i ride my quad... i wont touch a helmet on my bike... the blind spots are too big with a helmet. and i have no spatial hearing with a helmet on, every noise sounds like its coming from in front of me. the one time i got hit i had a helmet on, since i stopped whareing it i have been able to avoid everyone thas tried to run into me. (even if it means having to change lanes onto a sidewalk becuz some sh1thead in a van turned into the wrong lane around a corner and then threatened to turn me in for wrecless driving.... that lasted about 2 seconds..

ride like yur invisible, watch out for EVERYTHING, every cagers excuse is 'OH MY GOD, i didnt SEE them' anyways...

stoled_400_:(
06-13-2006, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Matt37
Big ben is at that age, when we all thought we were invincible.... once you find out your not, it hits you hard.

literally.:p

06-13-2006, 08:24 AM
yeah in pa, if you have like 3 years experiance riding you dont have to o.0

jcv400ex
06-13-2006, 09:23 AM
People who ride without helmets are idiots.....period!

I tried it once, just running uptown for gas....it sucked. If you say you can see and hear better without a helmet, then you shouldn't be riding.

Without a helmet, my ears where ringing from the wind rushing by my naked head......I couldn't hear ****.

Without a Helmet on, the wind was going right under/over my glasses....my eyes where watering so damn bad, I couldn't see ****.

Buy a Damn helmet that FITS PROPERLY, and it will NOT hinder your riding experience and just might.....save your life in the unfortunate event of an accident.

06-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex

Buy a Damn helmet that FITS PROPERLY, and it will NOT hinder your riding experience and just might.....save your life in the unfortunate event of an accident. thats right!

i can hear and see just fine... and actually i think it feels quite nice :)

and your ipod earphones stuffed in the padding really works out nice :D