PDA

View Full Version : AC Pro Peg Nerf Install.... PAIN IN THA...

Str8Wicked
08-13-2002, 08:45 AM
Well I installed the pro peg nerf's yesterday and had about the same problems that I have heard on here. I had to use the longer bolt to mount the bars to the motor mounts even thou they tell you to use the smaller ones. I have heard that people have trouble with them moving around but once I drilled and installed the foot guard I had no problem with them moving at all. I made sure to jump, pull, and push on them and still had no problem with them moving.

I did run into a problem when I tightened the foot guard to the sub frame and snalpped the bolt.

Besides that everything went on great. So today I will be getting a new bolt and making sure not to tighten it that much this time.....

Sparks425Ex
08-13-2002, 09:15 AM
You should take off your Heel Guards Off. They are worthless. Look at all the people who have Ac Pro Pegs adn see how many are on. I say they are worthless becasue i put mine on and the bar that goes to the outside of the Nerfs Snapped right off the Heel guard.

Maybe mine had a defect.

Str8Wicked
08-13-2002, 09:26 AM
Actually the reason I got them was because I likes the look of the heel guard and added protection for me doesn't hurt.

I heard the post that people who didn't install them had to put a bolt right through the steel peg mount and peg to get it from stop moving.

The piece that connects the heel guard to the peg at the corners I formed around the peg with a rubber mallet than used the small bolt to bolt it up. Seems good so far. Only time will tell.

400exBro
08-13-2002, 03:58 PM
i run the heal guards for mx they save my feet a couple of times and sometimes i lean my heal on the foot guard.
lata
Bro

Str8Wicked
08-14-2002, 10:20 AM
I hear ya. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

knighttime
08-14-2002, 11:28 AM
did the heel guard come with those holes or did u drill them. They look like AC drilled them.

knighttime
08-14-2002, 11:30 AM
this is from the FAQ section, http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6484

It covers almost everything except the option of bolting the footpegs to the frame peg.

Str8Wicked
08-14-2002, 12:02 PM
I drilled the holes. It really isn't to hard.

You take the heel guard and put them against the peg. Kinda look where you want the bolts to go through and mark them with a marker. I than just got a nail and tapped them in the marked spot where I wanted to drill. After they were tapped it was simple to throw the bit on it and drill through. One that was done I put them back up against the peg and marked inside the holes so it would be perfect with the peg. Than I tapped and drilled the peg and bolted them together.

Str8Wicked
08-14-2002, 12:11 PM
Oh woops I think you were referring to the holes on the bottom piece of the heel guard. SOrry long morning... lol

No they came with those.

Nausty
08-14-2002, 01:41 PM
I use my heel guards although the thing I don't like about them is that they use that thin layer of sheet metal that bends and I broke the weld a couple times from trying new tricks and end up landing on the heel kick. better safe than sorry

Str8Wicked
08-14-2002, 03:38 PM
My truck is being lifted right now so i have nothing to tow my ride unless I get a freind to tow but I'm not counting on it. So I won't be able to try them out for a while....

except up and down my street....

lol

BigThumper33
08-15-2002, 02:17 PM
I had a bad accident on my EX before I recieved my pro pegs(they were on order) I ended up slipping through a whoop section and putting the stock foot peg through my shin. Real nice. I would definately run the heel guards. We don't need more accidents like mine. They only weigh like 1 or 2 lbs so why not have the extra protection?