PDA

View Full Version : no link LSR frame

ZRider400
06-12-2006, 08:02 AM
I just bought a LSR 250r frame off-of ebay, and the guy never told me it was no-link... i had to find that out the hard way.

Well my question is do i have to change the swingarm and shock? or can i use my laeger swingarm and a different length rear shock.

if so, then what length/setup do i need?

robyone
06-12-2006, 09:10 AM
From what I understand about the no link set ups...you can use a no link (shock & swinger) on a stock frame, but not the stock link on a no link frame, Because there is no bottom mount for the linkage. With that said, the main difference is in the shock and swinger.
So I don't think you can use your shock & swinger, you will need to get a no link set up(shock & swinger).
If you look at a pic of a no link swinger, the shock mount is alot more foward than a standard swinger... making the shock a good bit shorter.

robyone
06-12-2006, 12:26 PM
On second thought, you could possibly fab up a mount for a stock linkage on the frame...It would be alot of work, but it would save you from having to buy a new shock & swinger.

250-R-250
06-12-2006, 06:47 PM
You can use your stock swingarm and a 16 inch shock...no link shocks go cheap on ebay and its worth the extra cash to have that setup.