PDA

View Full Version : What mini has the best suspension

racerxxgncc
06-12-2006, 01:45 AM
What mini would you racers buy if you had to build or buy one mini quad, a factory made machine not a cobra or anything like that. I am going to buy my son one and he wants too race. I just don't want to look back and say if I knew that then, I would of went in a different direction. I am asking from your experiences what is or has the most potential to be the best mini racer. Thanks in advance.

400eXr1d3rZ
06-12-2006, 05:02 AM
i dont know about suspension but i do know the trx90 is pretty bad ***, ask pappy for some pictures of his mini.

chickenman26
06-12-2006, 05:49 AM
COBRA!!!!!!
hondas are nice cobra is much better also cobras are american made where do you live (buy american!!!!!)

Arctic Cat Dad
06-12-2006, 07:10 AM
I see you might be a fello GNCCer. We race GNCC also. I believe the Honda is the best machine in stock form. We are building an 06 Honda for the 07 season. It will be a great machine. But we are also going to get the new Extreme Typhoon in the 125cc. From what we can see from pictures and talk about them they SHOULD be AWESOME in stock form. The shocks look great. But we will see very soon.

The 4 stroke makes a very good machine for the woods. Believe it or not my 8 yr old son is faster on a stock trx 90 then he is on his race quad which is a 70cc 2 stroke which is wicked fast. The four stroke is smoother in the woods. He says he can handle the smoother power and he's not being thrown around with so much power in the rough country. This is coming from a racer. Even when the trx is moded the power comes on strong but is smoother. It doesn't wear out the rider as fast.

Hope this helps. The Honda is the best mini I believe. But this is my belief from being around them in the races. And after 5 months of real hard woods practice and testing.The Honda is 1 tuff mini. He has put this mini thru some REAL HARD conditions. He says the shocks are great.

If you have any questions PM me. I will help all I can.

LT80
06-12-2006, 12:18 PM
I think the Extreme/pro shark mentioned is one to consider.
I'd look at any and all machines that come with dual a-arms.
Hand/foot controls,hydraulic brakes,rider comfort are a few things you may also consider.
A GOOD DEALER w/PARTS can be the most important decision on a quad purchase.

ACD is correct. The Honda is a tough quad. Whether your rider can/wants to shift is one question. Another is the cost to mod a TRX90.
Make no mistake, they all cost alot to mod. Some more, some less.

You asked about the best suspension, my answer is:: They all suck in stock form.:devil: :D
There is no perfect shock that they can put on a mini and do 2 things with it::
1) make them affordable for mass production
2) make them work for every rider

Works or Elka shocks are in your future if the rider takes a liking to racing.

There are many new machines to consider. Hope I've helped a lil. :)

Get ready to dig deep my friend. We all did. :D :D :D

Arctic Cat Dad
06-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Lt80 is correct on the $$$$ thing. I've got a small fortune in a 70cc mini. But it was worth every penny.Only to do it all over again on 2 mini's for the 90 class. They grow so fast and he's always screaming for more HP.:D

I've seen a few Pro sharks in the GNCC's. They weigh alot,262 is alot of weight. But they are a decent machine.

racerxxgncc
06-12-2006, 03:59 PM
WOW!!!! Lots of good info there, thanks. I am a fellow gnccer and thats what he'll be racing. I am not fimilar with the Extreme Typhoon so any info about it would be great. And thanks everybody for the quick replys, anyother words of wisdom before I do this.....Please feel free to comment.

Arctic Cat Dad
06-12-2006, 05:54 PM
You can go to the Extreme web site and check it out. They will be hiting the shops in a couple of weeks. They were made with the help of a very good mini quad builder. You may want to contact WRH racing. They know more about them.

The frame looks great. The 125cc's is a big plus. The dual a-arms and shock set up looks real nice. I can't wait to add this racer to the 2 he already has.

If your gonna xc race you should consider the Honda or the Typhoon. The 2 strokes are very nice but require alot of work to keep them up to par. That's why were going with the 4 strokes. That and the fact they run for ever.

Pappy
06-12-2006, 06:01 PM
they are all about equal when stock versus stock is the game. Exclude the $8,000 Cobra, and if you care about weight or buying an unproven machine (shark) then you are left with sucky stock suspension:p

If you want any kind of suspension with the mini's, you going to have to go aftermarket