PDA

View Full Version : Will the warranty be voided?

h400exrydr
06-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Alright so i have these American Star A-arms and i took a really hard crash while i was riding.the quad flipped like 6 times and bent my a-arm. I just read the packet that came wit the a-arms to see what i have to do to use the warrnaty. It says that i have to have a set of after market shocks. All i have is stockers with the works spring set that is for me, with +2 arms, and 130-160 pounds. In the warranty thing it says that I have to have shocks that are sprung for +2 a-arms and my weight. So do you guys think that these springs are ok for the warranty? Please help!!!

GIXXER1KR
06-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Should be.Warranty comes down to the manufacturer.Either they are reputable and will warranty it no questions asked or they will weasle there way out of it.Anything with a lifetime warrany throws up a red flag to me anyway.I dont think any good company really offers lifetime on anything unless the replacement costs are very low and that should tell you something.Like with A-arms.The best arms are not lifetime but the cheaper ones like Fullflight from ebay are lifetime???????????????HHHHMMM

GIXXER1KR
06-12-2006, 08:06 PM
If there anything like my dealer.They ****ed up my filter kit when they installed it and will only pay 1/2!!!i hope i never need the extended warranty!!!!!

400 SS EX
06-12-2006, 08:17 PM
I just bent my American Star A-Arms a few months back. I called, they said ship them in, so I did and about 2 or 3 weeks later I had a new set no questions asked. I truly believe that half of that part of the warranty is to get more orders for the shocks they sell through their website. So I would try it and if worse comes to worst just hope to find a friend with after market ones you can borrow for proof or just get a copy of a receipt. Just make up a kind of shock you have and say you lost the receipt, what are they gonna do drive to house and see if you have shocks installed??? It should be easy they are very friendly and helpful.

GIXXER1KR
06-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Its nice to know companies stillback there products!!!!!