View Full Version : lrd exhaust for a 400ex

Grant Casey
06-11-2006, 07:00 PM
i am consedering bying a full syatem lrd exhuast for my 400ex
i was wondering how did it preform on your 400's did it sound good

thanks Grant Casey

ohsobad_chevy
06-12-2006, 08:27 AM
I have heard several LRD's on 400's. They sound good, but in my honest opinion, I would say that HMF sounds better on the 400's. The power you are going to get outta the HMF is awesome too, not to mention the boys at HMF offer EXCELLENT customer service.
You should get what you want though, you will be happy with them all.

krt400ex
06-13-2006, 02:51 PM
I talked to the guys at lrd and they said that you will get about 3 horses at 4000 rpms and you'll get 6 horses at 9000 rpms. They weigh in at 6.5 lbs for a full system. you can get a spark arrestor and with their power-up kit you will get a total of 7 horses more peak. I don't know if this is true or not, but my performance shop told me that their headers crack alot.

400exstud
06-13-2006, 09:17 PM
With the 400ex you can gain some pretty good power in the low-mid range but no system makes much more than 2 hp compared to stock. There just isn't that much potential with the 400ex on top end with only an exhaust.

slvrlakerdr08
06-14-2006, 08:44 AM
yea, and I wouldn't put a full system on it unless you had head porting done. I would say get a slip on, K&N or Uni filter, outerwear the filter remove the lid, jet it, and ad a rev box. I did that to my old 400 and it gained alot.

ohsobad_chevy
06-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by slvrlakerdr08
yea, and I wouldn't put a full system on it unless you had head porting done. I would say get a slip on, K&N or Uni filter, outerwear the filter remove the lid, jet it, and ad a rev box. I did that to my old 400 and it gained alot.

Getting a port job with the full system is not necessary, of course if you did, it would definately help it breathe better. I would go with the full system, even if you do not have a port job done, all the systems flow better with their own headpipe.:cool: