PDA

View Full Version : 450 r help

truestreet300
06-11-2006, 06:00 PM
my budy and i went riding today and his 450r locked up do to lets just say a mistake while installing the cam that caused the chain guides to rip apart sending plastic shaving throough the motor and cloggin up the pick up tube locking the rod to the crankshaft
so needlles to say he needs a crank rod and whole new top end he asked me to get on here to see what are his options for the crank and rod other then replacing with factory stuff he is already going to the 520 kit from trinity but now need to do bottom end also any help or suggestions on where and who to talk to about that would be greatly appreciated he wants to get it up and running as soon as possible thanks

RiderTRX400ex
06-11-2006, 06:21 PM
when u say hes gutta do his bottom end do you mean the crank assy.? if you do, the 520 must consist of a larger bore piston and a stroker crank.. so theres your bottom and top end rebuild... if that is all he needs!:devil:

truestreet300
06-11-2006, 08:32 PM
well the 520 kit is not a bottom end it is only the top end big bore set up with pistion and jug trinity racing has them so there is no bottom end work need on the 520 kit i looked for some stroker cranks for the 450 or an aftermarket rod for it and have turned up nothing on this so he may end buying just a honda crank assembly unless something better can be found