PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild Help...

bh2285
06-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Ok, So I had a noise in my motor and I tried all kinds of things to fix it like new guides/HD chain/adjust valves/Change cam and nothing seemed to fix this noise. Some of you tried to help me and I just had no luck. So i ripped down by motor and have just decided to rebuild it. I wanna put a fresh sleeve in it and new piston and valves and guides. Heres where my problem lyes the motor that I have has been decked .025 and Its running a 440 with a 12:1 piston. I wanna down grade..yes DOWN grade. I want to be able to run 93 gas instead of race gas. So what will I need to do this? What sleeve and piston? What valves? how can i fix this decked issue?

GPracer2500
06-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Maybe a JE 89mm at 10.8:1. You'd still be borderline, but maybe. I don't know how much extra compression your decked cylinder is adding.

Maybe you can add an extra or a thicker base gasket to make up for the decking?? I don't know if that is wise or not but it's an idea.

bh2285
06-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
Maybe a JE 89mm at 10.8:1. You'd still be borderline, but maybe. I don't know how much extra compression your decked cylinder is adding.

Maybe you can add an extra or a thicker base gasket to make up for the decking?? I don't know if that is wise or not but it's an idea.

So wait would that be with my sleeve that I already have or put a new sleeve in?

Can someone show me what to buy? like valves, sleeve, piston?

It already had 2 base gaskets to make it clear the valves...Could I make a metal gasket that is .025 to raise it all back up or is that risky?

GPracer2500
06-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by bh2285
So wait would that be with my sleeve that I already have or put a new sleeve in?

Can someone show me what to buy? like valves, sleeve, piston?

It already had 2 base gaskets to make it clear the valves...Could I make a metal gasket that is .025 to raise it all back up or is that risky?

Yes, if you currently have a 89mm piston then your sleeve will be fine as long as it's in good shape. Just hone it so a new set of rings can properly seat.

You shouldn't have to do anything with your valves.

I honestly don't know about the base gasket idea.

bh2285
06-11-2006, 10:56 PM
I need cheap valves??anyone?

bh2285
06-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Im going to put the stock sleeve back in whats a good piston that has the same OD with a little more compression? Is the stock sleeve a ID of 85mm?