PDA

View Full Version : Saw Ken Robey on TV

mecheech
06-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Watched the Quadterrain Challenge on ESPN2 today and great job Ken, 4th even after having Ur quad on top of U!

That kind of racing just looks downright awsome. I have been really on the verge of trading my 440 for a Team Green Prarie and watching this racing really helps me make up my mind.

Sleeper
06-15-2006, 05:05 PM
Was'nt that a kick to watch! Glad Ken was ok. The other guy that crashed is hurting pretty bad I bet. Very exciting stuff.

Sleeper

mecheech
06-20-2006, 11:10 PM
So if U read this Ken, what is Ur honest opinion on how the Prarie did in that type of racing. Would a Brute 650i be a better choice for the suspension?

Jerime Dudding
06-30-2006, 06:15 AM
I am not going to speak for Ken, but I was at the race and raced a brute force 650(straight axle) #45. Ken and I talked about it the straight axle is a huge disadvantage in the log section. Ken did a great job on his, I managed to get stuck nearly every race because of the rear axle. The straight axle is a big plus in the gncc's but not in wpsa.

Ken Robey
07-12-2006, 09:02 PM
sorry I have been having computer problems. The straight axle is not the best to have out there for sure. Independent is the way to go. I had to beat myself to death to finish where I did in those races. I have currently switched to an Arctic Cat 700 for the rest of the WPSA races. Independent and ground clearance is the way to go here. Good luck, hope to see you guys out there. I am currently sidelined with a broken collar bone from theis past sat. race in ILL. It is in three pieces and I am hoping to make it to the race in NJ.

mecheech
07-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Ouch Ken!
It looked like U where trying out for that new freestyle team by trying the first front flip on a Ute!
Must of been Ur left shoulder? Hope it heals up enough for U to get back out there. Good luck on recovery.

Ken Robey
07-18-2006, 07:34 PM
hey, as long as it looked good to the crowd, I guess, but damn, it sure hurts now, collar bone in three pieces. I can say that the arctic cats have one hell of a braking system, and if you are not used to it, look out.