PDA

View Full Version : Help Jetting

2000sdimemp
06-11-2006, 01:13 PM
ok so i take my bike in to get it jeted and they say ok and they jet it i take it home and its runs ok then get to a hill and it runs like pure crap poping and bogging all i have done motor wise is a Ebay deal K and N filter and a Muzzy slip on Pipe what jetting you think i should get to keep it runnung good i mean its worst than stock jets were

2004exrider
06-11-2006, 01:20 PM
So is it bogging and popping when your going up the hill, or bogging and popping going down? My guess is gonna be that your going up, if so it sounds to me like your just a little rich. Either check the spark plug color or take your air box lid off and hit the hill and see if it still does. Now go from there.

Jimmy

GPracer2500
06-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Typical. Seems like most shops are unable to properly re-jet. I think a lot of this is because you have to actually ride the quad/bike to test the jetting and how many shops have a place to do that?? Not very many.

The lesson? Learn how to re-jet your own quad.

Now, rant aside--do what 2004exrider suggests. Take the airbox lid off and see if the problem gets worse or better. That will help pinpoint what's going on. Just so you know, by taking the airbox lid off you are effectively leaning out the current jetting: more air flow into the engine without changing the jetting = leaner.

2000sdimemp
06-11-2006, 08:20 PM
thanks guy i dont realyl work on qwuads to much i work on trucks but i will do waht you suggested it boggs going up hill before with my stock jets it didnt but when i got on it i would shoot black smoke mean

GPracer2500
06-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Black smoke = rich jetting.

krt400ex
06-12-2006, 07:53 AM
popping usually means lean. bogging is usually rich. what do you mean by "bogging"?

2000sdimemp
06-12-2006, 09:32 PM
ok guys when i go up a hill it popps i ustto go up this one hill in 3 rd cause my bike has torque now it pops like hell bogg out no power kinda deal i took my ar box off and it works pretty much like stock no poping at all what do you think i should do i kinda liek my lid on there cause dirt in my stuff maybe a outerwear cover on the filter and no lid? i dotn have a K and N i got this'filter in this picture off my buddies car fits liek a k and N would Also waht jetts do you think i need i got a slip on muzzy and this filterhttp://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i45/2000sdimemp/CAI_BL9698MustangV6.jpg

GPracer2500
06-12-2006, 10:13 PM
If removing the airbox lid improved the condition than the current jetting is too rich when using the lid. Install a leaner main jet and put your airbox lid back on if you want to use the lid.