PDA

View Full Version : 06 450r hrc kit

smitht316
06-11-2006, 01:00 PM
my buddy has an 06 450r with the hrc kit in it. now this makes no sense to me but he has been told that with doing the hrc kit he will have to re-ring it after 40 hours. im just wondering if anyone out there has heard of this or if anyone has had this problem with theres???? he was told this is only a problem with the 06

lumi
06-11-2006, 01:10 PM
it is not a problem, and the actually hours are 20 hours is the recommened hours from honda to cahnge out the piston with a new one for 100% percent performance. the hrc kit makes the engine rev higher and work hard so it wears the piston a bit more but the recommendation is only for racing users, if he is not racing it i would say 50 or morme hours no problems.

-lumi

hard one
06-11-2006, 06:46 PM
LUMI is right on!

if you dont race dont worry about it till 50hrs

angry450r
06-12-2006, 11:27 AM
ya I heard that too . heres the deal if you dont race dont sweat it! ya the 06 is gonna where faster than say an 05 but for example my buddy has been beating the crap out of his 05 for almost 2 years straight NOT ONE SINGLE PROBLEM and he is hard as hell on that thing and he runs pretty damn close to my 06 so dont sweat i!t just beat it! keep in mind almost all these guys on here race on a regular basis I just have fun and go out to trails,dunes whatever so just my .02

Shawn Hess
06-12-2006, 09:39 PM
I just pulled my 06 a part and it had 47 hours on it with an hrc kit on it from day one. This is my race bike the piston and rings were only worn .001 from factory specs and my valves were just starting to have the hardened coating worn through on them.

Now, I change my oil after every race and after every two practice rides on all of my bikes. I highly recommend installing a tiny tack hour meter on your bikes for maintenance purposes