PDA

View Full Version : Wayne National Forest

2qk4u
08-12-2002, 11:15 PM
Well I finally got to go to Wayne National Forest last week. I trailered my ATV's 1000 miles and it was well worth it. The trails there were really nice. All different kinds of terrain etc. It was kinda hot the day we went but overall all it was nice there. The best part of the hole trip was when we were heading back to WV. a buddy of mine blew a tire on his trailer and had two bikes on it. So we put one bike on another truck and the picture explains the rest. it was a sight i have to say. at least he didnt have to pay extra toll for pulling a trailer going back home.

upstate rider
08-13-2002, 02:34 AM
Were you going to post any pictures of Wayne National Forest?

SLB400EX
08-13-2002, 06:11 AM
upstate rider..I have a ton of pics from WNF...we ride there quite a bit. It's one he!! of a place to ride, IMO anyhow.
2qk4u..sucks about the trailer tire(comiacl pic!!) but I'm really glad you liked WNF. I bet it was warm too. We rode a few weeks ago and it was in the high 90's.
What part of WNF did you ride at?? We ride the Monday Creek area, right above Nelsonville.

Later .. Sherri

2qk4u
08-13-2002, 09:12 AM
i think thats where around we rode also. it was a great time

Scott
08-13-2002, 09:50 AM
I've met up with some exrders down there once before, and would like to do it again.

I'll be going down Aug 24th for the day (Saturday) if anyone's interested, or is going to be there. Right now, there's me and a banshee, maybe a 400 too. A couple 4x4s are thinking about going, but won't commit. If the 4x4s are there, we'll be going fairly slow, the Rubicon will be on his first ever trip. Otherwise, the banshee and I will be taking turns passing each other.

Before the flames start, his shee will smoke my 300, but he has no business owning the shee. He's only fast in the parking lot or on the road. Other than that, he fouls a lot of plugs. His other quad is a polaris, he's not speed racer.

08-13-2002, 09:50 AM
Is Wayne National Forest in Ohio (in cleveland?) :confused:

2qk4u
08-13-2002, 09:55 AM
Yes mam, right outside of Nelsonville

Scott
08-13-2002, 10:37 AM
About an hour and a half southeast of Columbus, right down SR 33 from Columbus.

SLB400EX
08-13-2002, 10:58 AM
..one of the best trail systems you'll find here in Ohio!!!
http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/wayne/
here's the web site for more info race girl.

:( Rob's working that weekend (the 24th). Are you going to the big picnic this coming weekend Scott??? Once again, Rob's working. This'll be the second one we've missed. I'm gonna have to talk to Magnum about this...gonna have to give him Rob's schedule so we don't miss the third one!! ;)

400ex Magnum
08-13-2002, 11:33 AM
Wayne National Forest is definitely a cool place. I try to get down there at least once a month for a weekend ride. We will be down there this weekend (8/17 & 18). We generally camp at Camp Ohio and ride from there. We will probably have a good cookout also after riding. I am cooking up some ribs. Hopefully the weekend will go off without any trail accidents. I managed to flip my ex down there a few Sundays ago. Getting it back together tonight. My own fault for riding like an idiot. Check out my pics below for some good Wayne Pics. Anyone wanting to join us is more than welcome. Several exriders members will be down there including Jenny's400ex, Buckeye400ex, and others.

08-13-2002, 12:23 PM
Yes it was fun.
And the guy in the picture getting ready to shut his door just realized that it wont shut because the trailer ramps were in the way!

SLB400EX
08-13-2002, 02:12 PM
I gotta ask .. how did you pick WNF here in Ohio to visit, seeings that you are from Kansas??
quadtwostroke, you from Kansas too???

2qk4u
08-13-2002, 02:45 PM
Iam from WV originally and in the Air Force stationed in Kansas. Took my bikes home for vacation and decided to go to WNF.

2qk4u
08-13-2002, 02:46 PM
another pic

2qk4u
08-13-2002, 02:46 PM
another

ATV_MAN
08-13-2002, 07:48 PM
I live about 30-45 minutes away from WNF but i have never been there before..lol. I might go there this weekend

08-13-2002, 07:53 PM
which trail at wayne nat. is for beginers. i want to take my wife riding, she is just learning so we need some easy trails for her to gain some confidence.

08-13-2002, 08:22 PM
:D

SLB400EX
08-14-2002, 05:49 AM
Oookkkk, got it now. Very cool pics 2qk4u!! Anymore?? :)

dnhracing, you'd probably wanna take her around the New Straitsville loop (in the Monday Creek area). It's the easiest section of trails there, cool place for beginners to learn, plus it's a whole lotta fun too. Hit the ORV link at the WNF site and you'll get a better understanding of what part I'm talking about.
Need more info--just holler.

Later all....Sherri

400ex Magnum
08-14-2002, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by dnhracing
which trail at wayne nat. is for beginers. i want to take my wife riding, she is just learning so we need some easy trails for her to gain some confidence.

dnhracing

Like SLB said, the New straitsville loop is by far the easiest on the trail system. It is in the Monday Creek riding area of the Athens section of Wayne. The trails have held up real well this year and most of the trails are not terribly difficult unless they are real wet. Your best bet for going to Wayne is with a group of people that will show you the trails. If you get off the main trails, some of the side trails can be rather tricky. The trails are marked fairly well, but there is still places to get sidetracked. Check out the Eastern riding section at www.atvtime.com There is a big bunch of us that ride togther that post in that section. Look under post for WNF. We are all meeting up this weekend. We usually break up into a faster group and a slower group. I will have my wife with me this weekend (8/17 & 18) and this is the first weekend with her new Ozark, so we will be taking it easy. I will probably sneak out for a faster night ride without her though. You are always welcome to ride with us and feel free to camp with the group also. Very friendly group and some lively campfire chatter.

Attached is a Wayne Pic

400ex Magnum
08-14-2002, 06:19 AM
Another

400ex Magnum
08-14-2002, 06:20 AM
Last one

08-14-2002, 10:27 AM
thanks for the replies. maybe we will meet at wayne nat. sometime soon.

08-15-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by 400ex Magnum

dnhracing

Like SLB said, the New straitsville loop is by far the easiest on the trail system. It is in the Monday Creek riding area of the Athens section of Wayne. The trails have held up real well this year and most of the trails are not terribly difficult unless they are real wet. Your best bet for going to Wayne is with a group of people that will show you the trails. If you get off the main trails, some of the side trails can be rather tricky. The trails are marked fairly well, but there is still places to get sidetracked. Check out the Eastern riding section at www.atvtime.com There is a big bunch of us that ride togther that post in that section. Look under post for WNF. We are all meeting up this weekend. We usually break up into a faster group and a slower group. I will have my wife with me this weekend (8/17 & 18) and this is the first weekend with her new Ozark, so we will be taking it easy. I will probably sneak out for a faster night ride without her though. You are always welcome to ride with us and feel free to camp with the group also. Very friendly group and some lively campfire chatter.

Attached is a Wayne Pic

My husband won't be riding a quad for a few weeks...he hurt his back at work and is unable to ride....so maybe sometime next month we will get the ok from the doc and we can meet up!

400ex Magnum
08-15-2002, 02:36 PM
racegirl

The way it looks now, the next Wayne ride after this weekend is going to be October 19 & 20. Still tentative on that date. Trying to get one scheduled so that SLB400ex and husband can join us. I most likely won't get down to Wayne in Sept. Going on vacation in early Sept and a group of us ex riders are heading to Silver Lake sand dunes on Sept 21 & 22. There is always someone of our group riding. Check out www.atvtime.com under the Eastern rides section. There are people riding every week that are more than willing to show you around. I try to attend most of the bigger rides because they usually involve some sort of picnic and riding and eating are a couple of my two favorite past times.