PDA

View Full Version : 300ex axle

03trx300ex
06-11-2006, 12:02 PM
can anyone help me????? i am trying to take nuts on the right side of the axle off and i cant seem to do it right... i believe they turn to the right to get them off but when i get the first one backed off so far it just quits....do i need to turn the nuts in towards the swing arm or how does it work????

Sjorge450R
06-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by 03trx300ex
can anyone help me????? i am trying to take nuts on the right side of the axle off and i cant seem to do it right... i believe they turn to the right to get them off but when i get the first one backed off so far it just quits....do i need to turn the nuts in towards the swing arm or how does it work????

into the swing arm. then there will be a litte clip on the axle and you just have to knock that off with a screw driver.

03trx300ex
06-11-2006, 03:52 PM
thanx....i got it finished....it is weird to do if you have never done it before...

Sjorge450R
06-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by 03trx300ex
thanx....i got it finished....it is weird to do if you have never done it before...

yeah everything is reversed thread so that the nut wont come loose while riding. Once you do it once, you can fly through it the next time.

Just to help you out, you might want to purchase a service manual to help you out next time you have a problem.