PDA

View Full Version : 250r help

mdh23jr
06-11-2006, 10:09 AM
I am getting ready to buy a 2000 s10 stepside truck and wanted to know if my 1986 250r would fit in the truck because if not i will look for another truck. thanks...

Aceman
06-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Why don't you or the seller measure it?:confused: I know mine with +1 arms pretty much fills my 98 Ranger non-stepside. I have a feeling it's not going to fit in a S10 stepside.

stever250r
06-11-2006, 12:24 PM
My thoughts would be... buy the truck you want... then save and invest in a small pull behind trailer with a folding gate. That way you can load it yourself without the worry of ramps.

This is just what I would do.

dober250R
06-11-2006, 12:40 PM
I will tell you straight up right here and now, will not fit in an S-10 step side. A stock 250R will not fit in a ranger or S-10 step side, unless you tip it on it's side, which is a real pain. My aftermarket 250R barely fits in them skinny fords. In the back of my Dodge Ram, I still have about a foot on the 1 side.

250r4life
06-11-2006, 09:33 PM
yah... it wont fit... i had a 2000 s10 regular bed, and i used to ride my bike up ramps till my front tired hit the wheel wells, and then i would hold the front brake, climb off my bike and get in front of it, and then pick it up from the bumper and pick the front wheels up over the wheel wells... the bike fit perfectly... now when i was going to the dunes i really had to pack smart around it, and often times would leave my tail gate down and strap down the gas there and everything... not a whole lot of extra room...

so with a step side i think youre SOL...

no, there is no thinking about it...it simply wont work

danbobsR
06-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Sounds like 250r4life is like me trying to put my bike in a ranger ride up the ramps hit the front brake get off pick the bike up over the wells It sucks Trust me Go ahead and get a full size much easier.

250r4life
06-12-2006, 04:22 PM
hey buddy... i'm too old to still be doing that... im feeling the affects of a hard 24 years... put my body through a lot of abuse...

anyways... yah, ive since upgraded... i now have a Z71, and have built a rack where two atvs fit sideways on my bed, and have also aquired a nice travel trailer to pull behind... i tell ya, it sure beats the old days with the s10, having it packed to the brim (including the passenger seat) and sleeping in the back of my truck... it was worth every penny...

it wasnt that bad though...you can get by with a midsize truck...
there are somethings i do miss about the s10... getting 20 mpg... being able to do 85-90 the whole way to and from the dunes, and still get 20 mpg...

i'd still prefer my current set up though... im getting soft and lazy in my old age :D

speaking of old age, beerock- how you doing buddy? havent seen you posting recently... hows the back coming along?:D