PDA

View Full Version : why #s on fenders?

worm
08-12-2002, 10:38 PM
#s on fenders.... im going to my first ama race on the 25...why does everyone have #s on rear fenders is it required or do they just stick them there?

OutlawEX
08-12-2002, 10:44 PM
U dont hav ot have them on ur fenders,But u must ,I mean must have them on ur number plate,U need a number plate no matter what with ur number

tprender
08-13-2002, 06:55 AM
When you come to a GNC National and you pass though my tech inspection, I will check your numbers. What I am looking for is a number plate on the front and the rear of the quad. The numbers should be solid in color, block style, and no outlines. It is best to have black numbers on a white background. The dayglo or silver numbers don't cut it. The reason for the number plates is so that the scores can read you number from the front and then a check after you go by. They have a hard time reading them on the side fenders, also black numbers on red plastic can't be seen by the scorers very well.
Alot of people with quads don't do there numbers correctly. Most riders put there numbers on the quad to make it look good, but they then can't be seen by the scores. You do not see this happening on bikes.

OutlawEX
08-13-2002, 10:33 AM
I agree with him,Here is another pic to maybe show you,I dont have a bumper one but all my fenders have em and they are correct colors Im shure teprender will agree

tprender
08-13-2002, 10:48 AM
They look very good, but on a quad the numbers on the fenders are almost flat and at most track the finish is some kind of jump. Because of that how is a scorer going to see the flat numbers on the plastic. The races that have problems with scoring are the ones that let or don't control the numbers on the quads. It is not that I want it my way, no I just want to make it alot easier on the scorers. Go sometime and try to score a quad race that don't use number plates with alot of riders. We have a track in our area that makes the quad riders wear a mess jersey with numbers on them for the scorers.

worm
08-13-2002, 11:35 AM
cool i knwo front and rear is a must...but a lot of quads have fender #s too.. coulndnt figure this out. thanks