PDA

View Full Version : pipe for 250ex

soborebel
06-10-2006, 10:56 PM
i'm looking for a good pipe under $220......i have found a DG RCM II Full System Exhaust for $188(if this is not a good buy let me no) .....i have a K&N and i also bought a Dial-A-Jet i just haven't put it on yet.....i'm looking for a pipe that would help me keep up with a Warrior 350 (stock)

ryanh250ex
06-11-2006, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by soborebel
i'm looking for a good pipe under $220......i have found a DG RCM II Full System Exhaust for $188(if this is not a good buy let me no) .....i have a K&N and i also bought a Dial-A-Jet i just haven't put it on yet.....i'm looking for a pipe that would help me keep up with a Warrior 350 (stock)

sell the dial-a-junk on ebay,

if you're trying to keep up with a warrior, you're gonna need a good deal more than a pipe

do things right, get a HMF or Pro Circuit T-4 full system. DG typically is crap.

you're gonna need every little bit of hp you can get for the buck, so junk that airbox lid and the rest of the airbox, buy an outerwears cover, and get a rubber coupler from home depot- one that goes from 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" and using that , clamp the K&N onto the carb. also get a crankcase breather filter from either wal-mart or pep boys for like 6 bucks if i remember correctly

you're gonna need a big main- if you're close to sea level go with something like a 112

red rider88
06-11-2006, 12:34 PM
my friend has a curtis sparks pipe on hers not sure how much tht cost

the_coop
06-11-2006, 03:04 PM
fmf magamax 2 is like $180

250ex13
06-11-2006, 04:48 PM
yea, deff. get rid of the dial a junk ..and by regular jets...and for the pipe get an hmf:macho

atvridernc
06-11-2006, 06:01 PM
My advice is to enjoy your 250. If it is not fast enough, sell it and get something bigger. Dont dump too much money into it, you can get a used 300ex or 400ex for pretty cheap. You are at wayyy too much of a disadvantage to keep up with a warrior.
350cc 6speed vs. 229cc 5speed

Rider-trx_250ex
06-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by ryanh250ex
sell the dial-a-junk on ebay,

if you're trying to keep up with a warrior, you're gonna need a good deal more than a pipe

do things right, get a HMF or Pro Circuit T-4 full system. DG typically is crap.

you're gonna need every little bit of hp you can get for the buck, so junk that airbox lid and the rest of the airbox, buy an outerwears cover, and get a rubber coupler from home depot- one that goes from 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" and using that , clamp the K&N onto the carb. also get a crankcase breather filter from either wal-mart or pep boys for like 6 bucks if i remember correctly

you're gonna need a big main- if you're close to sea level go with something like a 112

what's a crankcase breather?

Ryanwolfe911
06-15-2006, 10:33 AM
The stupid little ricer filters that people put on the PCV hoses of their Honda valve covers. Your quad has the same type of breather hoses coming off the rocker cover. You could just put a small breather filter on it , instead of running all those hoses.

Oh and stay away from that RCM. I had one on my 300ex and its a piece of ****. IT's way too loud and makes absoultley no power.

klutchbuster250
08-02-2006, 09:03 AM
a i would go with the hmf for wut i have herd on this site,but i wanna ask if a evo big gun x full system will be good for the 250ex?

PGer555
08-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Hey Ryanwolfe911 where do you ride in Ashtabula. I have a summer cottage there and me and my friends are always looking for new places to ride, any help would be great!

ryanh250ex
08-03-2006, 01:27 PM
i'm selling my T-4 full system. 220 and its yours

BlasterEaten250
08-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by ryanh250ex
not saying its good or bad, but the new dg's actually look pretty nice.

bigj250
08-05-2006, 11:51 PM
i have a 2006 250ex 4 performance get a rev boxx i helps in speed and bottom end by a lot it extends ur shift points and after get da fmf megamax 2 it has great power if u jet da carb and fosho stay away from dat dg rcm cause my boy has it on a warrior with a jet kit and im keepin up with him by a lot but i still lose by only like 10ft warriors r pothetic i still hve mor patrs 2 they just havent came in yet yesterday i ordered a outer wears airboxx lid and a k&n air filter and powrolls crankase breather now with all that im hopin 2 woop him halla at me if u have any problems peace

BlasterEaten250
08-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by bigj250
i have a 2006 250ex 4 performance get a rev boxx i helps in speed and bottom end by a lot it extends ur shift points and after get da fmf megamax 2 it has great power if u jet da carb and fosho stay away from dat dg rcm cause my boy has it on a warrior with a jet kit and im keepin up with him by a lot but i still lose by only like 10ft warriors r pothetic i still hve mor patrs 2 they just havent came in yet yesterday i ordered a outer wears airboxx lid and a k&n air filter and powrolls crankase breather now with all that im hopin 2 woop him halla at me if u have any problems peace dg rcm '1' is bad, but do you know anything about the rcm '2' From the looks of it dg is trying to step up their quality a lot.

Rider-trx_250ex
08-06-2006, 02:38 PM
i have a 2006 250ex 4 performance get a rev boxx i helps in speed and bottom end by a lot it extends ur shift points and after get da fmf megamax 2 it has great power if u jet da carb and fosho stay away from dat dg rcm cause my boy has it on a warrior with a jet kit and im keepin up with him by a lot but i still lose by only like 10ft warriors r pothetic i still hve mor patrs 2 they just havent came in yet yesterday i ordered a outer wears airboxx lid and a k&n air filter and powrolls crankase breather now with all that im hopin 2 woop him halla at me if u have any problems peace

where did u get the rev boxx and the powrolls crankase breather?

bigj250
08-06-2006, 07:06 PM
i got da rev boxx at www.moto-man.com and da crank case breather at www.powroll.com

bigj250
08-06-2006, 07:08 PM
i got my rev boxx at www.moto-man.com and da crankcase breather at www.powroll.com

bigj250
08-08-2006, 10:58 PM
dgs dont give u nothin just throttle response da rcm2 has a big fat part in da back of da slip-on thats called reverse cone megaphone dat makes all of gases in your engine exit out faster and dats just throttle responce theres only acceleration no top-end at all and if do wheelies u will stutter lik s hit on dat cause of da thorttle responce and wen u want 2 empress some girls with some wheelies u will look lik an amertur i have an fmf megamax2 and i can wheelies 4 miles with dat its lik da perfect slip on dont get hmf my brother has it on his 250ex full sys and it sucks i eat him in draggs nasty and i weigh 40lbs more peace take my tips trust me

400eXr1d3rZ
08-09-2006, 08:00 AM
dgs dont give u nothin just throttle response da rcm2 has a big fat part in da back of da slip-on thats called reverse cone megaphone dat makes all of gases in your engine exit out faster and dats just throttle responce theres only acceleration no top-end at all and if do wheelies u will stutter lik s hit on dat cause of da thorttle responce and wen u want 2 empress some girls with some wheelies u will look lik an amertur i have an fmf megamax2 and i can wheelies 4 miles with dat its lik da perfect slip on dont get hmf my brother has it on his 250ex full sys and it sucks i eat him in draggs nasty and i weigh 40lbs more peace take my tips trust me

no way, hmf is teh chit! GET HMF!

BlasterEaten250
08-09-2006, 08:34 AM
dgs dont give u nothin just throttle response da rcm2 has a big fat part in da back of da slip-on thats called reverse cone megaphone dat makes all of gases in your engine exit out faster and dats just throttle responce theres only acceleration no top-end at all and if do wheelies u will stutter lik s hit on dat cause of da thorttle responce and wen u want 2 empress some girls with some wheelies u will look lik an amertur i have an fmf megamax2 and i can wheelies 4 miles with dat its lik da perfect slip on dont get hmf my brother has it on his 250ex full sys and it sucks i eat him in draggs nasty and i weigh 40lbs more peace take my tips trust me 1st of all, i sad dg rcm ''''''2''''''' not rcm ''''''1'''''''

this (which is what he said in the first place)-----http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4561/2pe7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

not this-----
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8864/028220lgth9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

2nd, i dont think you will have to worry about impressing girls if you talk the way you type:rolleyes:

bigj250
08-09-2006, 08:04 PM
w/e the rcm2 still sucks theres less megaphone less performance w/e its a cheap pipe and its gonna get rusted cause its steel and even tho if u get it in crome wen it gets scratched it will rust its cheap w/e get it its not my 250ex i got mine and im not dissapointed

mustang25
08-14-2006, 09:22 PM
I reccomend a Big Gun Evo X complete System. If you dont mind spending a little bit of money, this ids perfect. My friend has it on his atv...it has superior sound and power.If i could do it again i would by that!

250ex13
08-14-2006, 09:37 PM
dgs dont give u nothin just throttle response da rcm2 has a big fat part in da back of da slip-on thats called reverse cone megaphone dat makes all of gases in your engine exit out faster and dats just throttle responce theres only acceleration no top-end at all and if do wheelies u will stutter lik s hit on dat cause of da thorttle responce and wen u want 2 empress some girls with some wheelies u will look lik an amertur i have an fmf megamax2 and i can wheelies 4 miles with dat its lik da perfect slip on dont get hmf my brother has it on his 250ex full sys and it sucks i eat him in draggs nasty and i weigh 40lbs more peace take my tips trust me :rolleyes: :huh