PDA

View Full Version : do these 90's go in sand?

double d 1
06-10-2006, 06:07 PM
my son who is 6 has a sunl mini 90. he wants a raptor 80 in white . i have a 700r. but i think the trx 90 would be a lot better, but i guess my ? is how do they go in the sand? the sunl 90 will not go in sand. does the trx 90 do good with sand tires at the dunes? i realize he is supposed to be 12 to ride one but i keep a careful eye on him and wont let him do anything to stupid. there is not many places in oklahoma he can ride that doesnt have sand.

smokinwrench
06-11-2006, 03:47 AM
My boy rides an 06 trx90. We goto Beaver Dunes quite often. He gets around great. I put 5 paddle skat trak gliders on it. The first few minutes of his first trip on it he got stuck a few times. It didn't take him very long to learn that he had to keep it wound up tight or he would get stuck. I think it does better then the LT80 that he had before.

double d 1
06-11-2006, 06:12 AM
we went to a river bed and the sunl 90 just wouldnt go. i went to little sahara in waynoka yesterday for the first and i seen two trx 90's there parked at two differant camps but couldnt find nobody to talk to. i want to upgrade the sunl to the trx but not if its not going to do much better. thanks for youre reply now if i could just find a decent used one that would be just great!!

Livin4Real
06-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Avoid the raptor miniquads. They are severely lacking in power and design and cost significantly more than others.

Abrannan19
06-18-2006, 07:08 PM
i agree with the staement above me my nephew has a raptor 80 and its power sucks..it looks good now..but the trx90 has way more power upgrades available..and supesion mods for that matter.do yourseld a favor and get the honda

shoebox
08-16-2006, 03:42 PM
My son rides his trx in the sand with and without paddles. In the soft stuff... he starts in 2nd gear, leans foward slight and then back to hook up the rear tires.