PDA

View Full Version : rekluse owners

rap169
06-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Can anyone tell me if rekluse use,s special clutch disks or can i use my stock ones or what brand works best with this clutch setup.

DRT
06-10-2006, 04:50 PM
It comes with new clutch plates thinner than your stock ones made for the Rekluse.But I would susggest you buy new clutch fibers when you install it.Also when you get it pay close attention to your install gap with the clutch plates(intructions explain and are easy to follow) and use the oil they say to use.
Everything else can be adjusted off the perch adjuster.

rap169
06-10-2006, 05:52 PM
what kind of clutch fibers do you reccomend?

DRT
06-11-2006, 12:12 PM
I used stock Honda fibers they work fine.

DieselBoy
06-12-2006, 01:19 AM
so how do you guys find the rekluse clutch? is it a good unit??

stumpleg
06-12-2006, 10:32 AM
The rekluse clutch is great for anyone. Once installed, you can put in it first and let out on the clutch lever and it will not move, hit the gas and you are on your way. I had a XC race yesterday, and it never stalled once. All you have to do is shift and not worry about using the clutch lever. You want to make sure that it is warmed up before doing a lot of riding. This allows the oil to get in between the plates. I usually just zip tie my clutch lever to my handlebars and put it in first. If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Site sponsor, C & D Racing sells these. You can also go to www.rekluse.com for more info.