PDA

View Full Version : FST 465ex KIT

racin 400
06-10-2006, 01:38 PM
anybody have the kit.. like it hate it?... run pump gas?....speed torque power good or bad???....

Wheelie
06-10-2006, 03:46 PM
If it's an all bore kit and you're looking for maximum reliability, I would consider looking around more before deciding.

Not trying to dog on FST in any way, shape or form. They are a reputable company.

465 would be a serious overbore.

deathman53
06-10-2006, 10:15 PM
I think a 465 is a 440 sleeve and a stroker. his 500 kit is the same sleeve and a bigger stroker.

coryatver
06-10-2006, 10:25 PM
It will take about a year to get your bike back if you are having him do it.

racin 400
06-10-2006, 10:51 PM
no i was gonna have a local engine builder do all the bore work and such.. but i might just throw a regular rebuild in it and trade my buddy for his 97 banshee with toomey's few sets of gearing and 2 sets of tires.

honda460ex
06-11-2006, 06:08 AM
OK, I have the stroker kit from Hotrods. Hotrods kit is a 460. It's a 440 sleeve, an 89mm piston with a 2mm higher wrist pin location on the piston, and a crank and rod that has a 4mm longer stroke which gives you the extra 20cc's. Now, how FST is getting the an extra 5cc's out of theres is that they overbore the 440 sleeve just a pinch and put an 89.5mm piston in. Hence giving you the 465ex. Mine, I built myself. Built the thing around April or May of last year. I have raced motocross on it, drag raced it, trail rode it a lot, and never once have I turned a wrench on that motor. And I'm running a custom JE piston with 13 to 1 compression. If you keep your compression at 11 to 1 though then yes, you will still be able to run pump gas. Nothing changes that with the stroke and bore on it. Mine, not just saying it because it's mine, but it's bad. You can see what all I did to it below though. My suggestion if you did get the FST kit, make sure it comes with a cam. Or buy the new stroker cam from hotrods. With the extra 2mm down and 2mm up in your stroke, it's nice to have a cam with a little longer duration to give you an all around power. I had the stage 2 hotcam in for a while, and with what I had done, bottom end was wicked but the top lagged. And when I raced it then at a motocros track, I still pulled the wholeshot against some modified yfz's and 450r's. Then in the second moto it was close and I got 2nd on the wholeshot behind a yfz. So, in other words, it runs! Since I put my stroker cam in though I have not raced motocross. Drag racing it tomorrow night locally, everyone of my friends thinks it will take the 400 class easily, but we will see. Sorry so long.

racin 400
06-11-2006, 02:35 PM
not not long at all and very informational.. thanks...my friend also has a full drag banshee with arm and alot of motor work he said he would trade me for my 400ex & 1200$ for it. and im not gonna lie my 400ex has been beatin to death..so i am debating on it b/c banshee's keep there value there are tons of parts and gettin a decent amount out of my 400ex by selling it would never happen. so im in a pickle on wat i wanna do.

honda460ex
06-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Man, that is a hard call... lol. Banshees are so easy to get power out of too if you know how to work on them. I've got a few friends with them, and they run awesome! Keep me updated on what you do..

racin 400
06-12-2006, 06:45 AM
will do chief. any other imput.?