PDA

View Full Version : Gopher dunes

Honda400exrox
06-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Who from Ontario is all goin to gopher dunes tommorow? Im goin with my friend and his dad and his dad friends.

Tommorow is the poker run

Im so excited.....I have never been to a big track like gopher before

ELewandowski
06-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Hey, i never heard of the gopher dunes, so i googled it. Are they Dunes? I saw no pictures of sand. Or is it just mx and trails?

Honda400exrox
06-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by ELewandowski
Hey, i never heard of the gopher dunes, so i googled it. Are they Dunes? I saw no pictures of sand. Or is it just mx and trails?

go to www.gopherdunes.com

its a sand track they also have 26 miles of trails to ride onn

Honda400exrox
06-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Anyone from exriders going to go?

Quad18star
06-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
Anyone from exriders going to go?

I think must guys will be at Walton tomorrow .

400exrida06
06-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Ya tomorrows the poker run, I live like 5 minutes from Gopher Dunes and i work there the odd time, im usually always there riding because i get a discount on the memberships but i might slip out there tomorrow for a bit, but its an awesome place and im sure you'l love it

400exrida06
06-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
Who from Ontario is all goin to gopher dunes tommorow? Im goin with my friend and his dad and his dad friends.

Tommorow is the poker run

Im so excited.....I have never been to a big track like gopher before

Hey are you taking your bikes tomorrow when you come??

ELewandowski
06-10-2006, 09:01 PM
yeah, thats the site i looked at, so its a sand track, no dunes. Thats all i was wonering. Name is a little misleading for someone who hasn't been there before.

shano
06-10-2006, 09:14 PM
wish I could have been there or walton, but got stuck at prom with the girlfriend:(

400exrida06
06-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by shano
wish I could have been there or walton, but got stuck at prom with the girlfriend:(

That kind of sucks lol, but I guess you got to keep the girlfriend happy lol

Honda400exrox
06-11-2006, 10:21 AM
I couldnt go to gopher dunes today....because my friend couldnt get his trailer licsensed in time, I'll go some other day though

400exBro
06-12-2006, 02:11 PM
i was there.

Also word has it the atv national for june 25th has been postponed till july august

Quad18star
06-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
i was there.

Also word has it the atv national for june 25th has been postponed till july august

Keep me updated about the change in date . My GF already booked that weekend off for the National ... I guess we'll be going up to the cottage instead !!!!

roundsy
06-12-2006, 02:48 PM
my buddy went up with his rappy 700r, wish i coulda came too but i got stuck at home....i talked to him when he got back, and he said you couldnt even tell his quad was yellow it was so muddy :p

400exrida06
06-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Ya alot of the quads were covered in mud yesterday, the day went pretty good, i knew quite a few people there but didnt see anyone from the site, but im going to head back out there tonight.

400exrida06
06-12-2006, 03:28 PM
This is an email i got from Barb (Owners of Gopher Dunes) a couple days ago, just thought i'd post it on here just incase any of you people from Ontario were interested in reading it, its just kind of like an update:

GoPher Dunes has experienced a very wild & windy yet amazing CMRC Pro National Race this past weekend -- definitely one for the books!

What started out to be a prefect sunny day on Saturday, June 3rd. with a track prepped to perfection, one would never have imagined that it could all blow apart in a matter of seconds when gale force winds ripped through the pits uplifting pop-ups and awnings and flinging them high into the air combined with a piercing sand storm! You had to see it to believe it --- then there was the brief calm after the storm until the dark clouds opened up right above the Dunes dousing us with hail mixed in with heavy rains that furiously pounded down for hours! The pits were flooded, the track was a-wash & kids were paddling a canoe around in the huge puddles of water.

Yes, the sandy loam of Gopher Dunes can absorb a lot of water, but 4" in 4 hours, was more than any ground can handle!
It was a 'do or die' situation & Frank's overpowering determination said, "Let's do it!!" He rounded up his dedicated watering crew, who's job now was to help de-water! They dug and trenched, they pumped and pushed and pumped some more --- 2 massive irrigation pumps ran all night long & although Sunday's forecast wasn't most promising, Mother Nature came to our rescue and let the sun shine once again! What we experienced within 24 hours was a 360 degree turnaround...and by Sunday the track was back in prime shape, minus a few banners and it was ready for the racers to do their stuff.
And what an amazing race day it was --- the track held out, the spectators poured in, the freestyle show was a hit and the excitement of the crowd escalated with the cheering on of the enthusiastic racers. Our MX1 Champ --- Dusty Klatt reigns from Campbell River, BC with Kyle Chisholm from Seminole, Florida scooped two 1st's in the MX2.

Moving on....
Gopher Dunes is hosting their Season Opener Poker Run on Sunday, June 11 with sign-in starting at 9am followed by a mandatory riders meeting at 12 noon. This is a non-competitive event for both ATV & bike enthusiasts who can enjoy afternoon riding on the track or trails. All riders will have an opportunity to win one of our 20 trophies awarded to the top poker hands, and then there are hundred's of draw prizes!! This is a laid-back fun event that you won't want to miss!!
For Minors under 18, we remind you once again to bring along copies of the mandatory Minor Release & Parental Consent Forms that can be downloaded off www.gopherdunes.com & which must be read and signed by the Minor and BOTH parents.

Schedule change....
It is with regret that Gopher Dunes must announce the cancellation of the CMRC ATV National that was scheduled for June 25. Due to the increased expenses and lack of sponsorial support, it was a decision that we were forced to make.

On a more positive note, for those anxious to come and practice --- Gopher Dunes is open daily for riding from 11am to 8pm, from June 12 to September 9, with the exception of the TVR Club Race on July 16.
On September 10 we kick-off with our fall line-up of events....stay tuned.....or check it out on our website.

Gopher Dunes & Suzuki would like to invite all riders wishing to brush up on their motocross skills or are interested in learning the tips & techniques for safe and smart riding, then you may want to consider one of our motocross camps or some private lessons.
Space is still available for the June 17 one day ATV session and for the 3 and 4 day camps during July and early August.
(the July 11 - 14 camp is currently filled) Please go online for more details & to complete the registration form.

We encourage any new surfers interested in receiving the latest news direct from the Dunes to send us their email address.

Have a great summer & hope to see you out at Gopher Dunes!!

roundsy
06-12-2006, 03:38 PM
hey 400exrida where abouts are you located? i wanna head down to gopher some time, its not far from my school in ingersoll and i thought it be cool to meet some people who know their way around the place

400exrida06
06-12-2006, 03:49 PM
I live right in Courtland which is where Gopher Dunes is located, its about 5 minutes from Tillsonburg, I only live like 3 minutes from the track thats riding my quad, and im usually there all the time because i help out quite a bit there when im not busy, and if you've never been there im sure you'l like it because its alot of fun, and they got awesome trails to

400exchick
06-12-2006, 04:35 PM
I was there, it was pretty muddy for sure! Good day though, weather was good.

shano
06-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Chances are im gonna be at rat track for their national july 16th, look for the only cannondale there;)