PDA

View Full Version : YFZ or Raptor For me??

Dune Surfer
06-10-2006, 09:46 AM
I have a question for you guys.
I ride 90% dunes, And I don't mean just cruising around, I mean pushing it to the limit, Hauling butt, fifth gear pinned, jumping, mx style riding. Here is the problem I am having making a decision. I am a big guy 6"1 and 250 lbs. I ride a predator now but the yfz pulls harder than my pred and jump better. Will a yfz have the balls to pull me up the big bowls fast and strong or do I need the CC"s of the 700 raptor????

DieselBoy
06-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Honestly....I'm a YFZ guy and all, but for your application & weight, I would probably go with the raptor 700. It's alot like the YFZ since they've changed it to the 700 (more stable, a little lower, new motor, fuel injection, ETC) I think you will enjoy the raptor more, but the yfz may also work for you.

raptor brothers
06-10-2006, 11:29 AM
They both have the balls.I'm 6'1 260 & feel way more confortable on the 700.My brother & buddy have YFZ 450.I don't like the way your knee's are level with the bars & you feel you could go over the front anytime(each has gone over).The 700 is also alot smoother & forgiving in different gears.Good luck with your decision.
P.S.
Check out Trinity Raceing web sight.The have a 734 big bore kit that would make it insane in the sand!That kit is in my future!

DieselBoy
06-10-2006, 03:02 PM
And another thing... The new 700 Raptor from what I read has really good reviews and it's a huge step up from the 660, I gotta hand it to yamaha, in the last couple years they have really stepped it up and they set the bench mark for fuel injected quads! (other than cannondale)