PDA

View Full Version : Higher Bars!!

10-09-2001, 03:00 PM
Hey guys I want a higher bend handlebar and wanted to know what yall think is the best?? Thanks!

trx400ex
10-09-2001, 05:13 PM
mt renthal 400ex bend seem very high, i wish i would have gotten some dirtbike bars...check into those

Tommy 17
10-09-2001, 07:21 PM
U can either buy a renthal bar in the 400ex bend which is what i have and like. my friend has the 250r bar and its a little wider and taller if u have a dennis kirk mag look in the measure ment part and u can pick out the exact bend u want it will show u all the measures and everything height, width, raise, pull, and the center bar width. also another route u may want to take is a pro taper bar. when u buy these buy the cr high bend and its already taller plus all fat bar mounts raise ur bar 3/4 inch so u probably will like this 2.

krazykurtk
10-10-2001, 04:39 AM
Word of caution before you buy some high bars...I had a set of MSR's that were high on my quad up until a month ago. With the extra height, they kept moving around on me. While landing jumps your body is pushing forward on your bars, that's when they start slipping in the clamps. I bought a set of Universal Pro Tapers for my quad and the control that I gained was much better. Now keep in mind that if you put Pro Tapers or any other kind of fat bar on, you have to buy different clamps. I'm not trying to tell you to buy Pro Tapers, but the height difference no matter what bar you buy, can make a difference.