PDA

View Full Version : Apex Pro MX 70/90/100

CHAR250R
06-10-2006, 05:52 AM
Any one have one of these? Dirtwheels had a posative write up on them. Looking into the MX100 for my 7 1/2 year old. He has outgrown his TRX70, and the TRX90 in what I was going to get him. :confused:

Valder
06-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Yeah I saw that write up as well. Wish I would have known about them I might have bought one of those for the kid instead.

mxdad789
06-11-2006, 01:18 PM
I own a apex and they are not what they are made out to be if you plan on racing it plan on spending some money on this thing it is far from race ready.

Dad Day
06-11-2006, 03:45 PM
mxdad
Can you elaborate? I was looking at a apex vs xtreme 110 vs building my son's 90. But info on these seems hard to find. Anything you can tell me would be helpful!

mxdad789
06-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Dad day their are many problems first the swingarms are junk the shocks are way to stiff not close to raceable. The turning radius is horrible you have to trim back the tabs on the steering stem about 3/16 of a inch on each side to help it turn. Im on the 3rd radiator and 4th water pump. ive replaced the crank the clutch is not race ready ive replaced it also replaced the pipe. But best of all switch to kasea style gears because Greg at Apex had none for his own units nor did any of his dealers. The foot brake set up is junk cables and springs will cause them to lock up. I advise using a yamaha 450 set up from KFAB. I could go on and on but after about 3,000 to 4,000 extra its decent. My daughter is 8 years old and is afraid to ride it because something always goes wrong. She has raced many local and national events on her cobra. We wont even try this thing it cant make it through a local race.

CHAR250R
06-11-2006, 06:25 PM
That's what I wanted to hear. An honest review from someone that owns one. Looks like I will get him a new TRX90 after all. I'll take Honda's reliability over the Apex's "race readiness" anyday.

Dad Day
06-12-2006, 05:58 AM
Thanks mxdad That's what I needed to hear too! Didn't really want to give up my honda anyway. If I'm going to have to drop some money in something might as well be the honda.

Livin4Real
06-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Hey Dad Day, where do you guys run? Maybe we've met, were just in Martinsville.

Brian

Dad Day
06-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Wherever we can!
My cousin lives just down the street from us and we rip around his 4 acres during the week if we can. On the weekends we have a friend who has a private mx track and some woods acreage. Been to Haspin acres once, planned on going again but baseball seems to be taking up all of our time.... So lots of practice in all the right places but no time to go race! Anyway, I was just getting tired of watching my son getting beat around on his stock TRX 90. It's time for a little more suspension, power, basically a little of everything!!!

kasea90cc
06-12-2006, 07:54 PM
dido to what mxdad said , my son has one as well "90cc" my son has broke everything on it as well , its all i can do to keep it going race to race , there not race ready as greg claims , and gregs an *****, beware of buying one.

badvox
06-15-2006, 09:42 AM
This has been interesting reading for sure. I cannot argue with anyone thats had issues because well they had issues. However, I will say that I havent had any issues with ours.

I will agree the shocks are way to stiff for a kid. When i rode it they worked perfectly and I weigh 240 geared up. So that tells you how stiff they are.

The pipe issue I have heard of but we had the alternate pipe right from the get go so no issues there.

Clutch, havent had any problems. Radiator, well honestly we have had some cooling issues. Its just a funky setup from the word go.

Brakes, seem to need to bleed that rear brake every time we go out. Fronts well drums suck and I want to replace those. Ive heard that honda spindles and brakes will bolt right on but I dunno about that.

Anyway, as with most products I think that "your mileage may vary".