PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Bay, OR

sweetthing
06-10-2006, 01:47 AM
all all
WB is excellent riding!!! Florence is hard to get to for the little ones and pretty much choopy everywhere. WB has lots of winds, so smooths dunes after major weekends. More to look for....waterfall, wild strawberries, frogs, oasis(hehe) for anyone that knows the area well, trails, bowls, jumps, climbing, sidehilling, ocean(not for riding) and more. St. Anthony's is a fun place to go once, but not 2 x's from OR. Hot, snow, wild wind storm in 5 days, not many camping areas, and go over a hill to fast and you wind up at the bottom in lava rock. Want to try out Christmas Valley this summer or next, any pictures or suggestions.
NUMBER ONE PROBLEM at WB, well there are a few. You can drink your a----off in the parking lot, but do not get caught with any on the sand, even at your campsite. Limited campsites, but big enough for lots of folks, and trailers, RV's and toys. then to top it off, you can be camping and it be a slow time, but by gosh, some fri----- idiot will decide to ride his 2-stroker at 2:00am up and down a hill near your site, for hours or you have cones out for the kids and some other idiot will either come into your site or right by your cones. Those are the ones we like to see crash, but not get to hurt, maybe just their ride, he he. Please show courtesy for other campers and riders out there. Be crazy and stupid away from other riders and their campsites.

NVMYRC
07-05-2006, 02:06 PM
I will have to second the motion. WB is a great place to ride and Dunefest is coming up next month too. Aug 2nd-6th. I live about 20 minutes away in Coos Bay and we have a great place to ride too. Horsfall. Great all around riding with a lot of options. It was very busy over this past holiday weekend, and every weekend for that matter. Any other Oregon riders out there?

Craig,

dnkrm
07-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Hey, I am headed to Oregon this Wednesday through Sunday. My wifes family lives out there and we are staying right on the ocean this year. Should be a good time. I wanted to take my quad but it was going to cost too much in gas and time so we are flying. I hope to maybe rent a quad, anyone know of some good places that rent decent quads? most are just polaris 250's from what I have seen. Otherwise we might try a dune buggy. Anyway let me know if any of you guys will be around and maybe we could meet up. later

sleeper400ex05
07-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Anyone ride close to these areas?? Absolutely tired of riding by myself.. I have a 05 400ex, kn filter,stg 2 jetkit, white bros e2 exhaust, white bros CDI. In the process of boring to a 416

sweetthing
07-11-2006, 01:53 AM
:bandit: We are planning on going down the evening of Aug 1st, Tues eve and staying until Fri. around noon. Maybe, that is also dune fest weekend. So am not sure yet. The boyfriend goes down for day runs when he has his three day weekend. His usual si thurs and fri and every 3rd wk he gets wed., thurs., fri.. He also has a 06 Honda 450 but rides his W-Tec Eraser w/ the KTM 520 engine in it. It was featured in Dirt Wheels (I believe) a couple of years ago. It is an awesome bike!!!!!! Lil ole me rides a Suzuki w/a modified 440 kit. the kids have Viper 90's, so maybe see ya sometime. Look for the outrageous 2005 Red Dodge Ram towing a Attitude toy hauler. oh yeah and all the litlle toy poodles. We have 3 pups for sale. They are 5 weeks today.