PDA

View Full Version : My XC Shee

bansheexcracer2
06-09-2006, 09:26 PM
I have a 1996 yamaha banshee. It has wiesco pistons, dg nerfs-pipes-bumper, boysen reeds, lc reed spacers, widened stock pegs, stock extended sterring stem, works front shocks, ims gas tank, o'neal bars, sunstar sprockets, rk chain, nanco front tires, holeshot HD rears, ebc brake pads, nacs # plates, smith grips, hison clutch basket, new clutch factory fibers, k & n filter, custom air box and lids, uni airbox vents, ac skid plates, thumb throttle entender, motion pro throttle cable, and clutch cable, noss steering stabilizer, white brothers boost bottle, custom reinforced tierods, new kisk starter rebuild. This thing tears up the woods.

Mxjunkie
06-09-2006, 09:45 PM
XC shee's are the best :cool:

bansheexcracer2
06-09-2006, 10:11 PM
It takes a real rider to ride a shee in the woods like a thumper. I like the silver plastics.

Mxjunkie
06-10-2006, 11:46 AM
How do you like your HD's? I'm in desprete need of a new set of rubber.

bansheexcracer2
06-10-2006, 02:40 PM
They hook up really good and dont wear down at all. But now ITP has the gncc's witch my friend has on his 250r and they hook up great too. But the gncc's arnt as wide so they dont stay out of the ruts real well. If you get the HD's you wont be disipointed.

jdwxv3
06-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Where do you all race at?

bansheexcracer2
06-10-2006, 07:52 PM
I racein iowa and illinois, but i have a race in memphis on july 29th and 30th called the moonshine 100. Come out and race with us. I am going to Misourithis week to pick up a new 400EX. I also have a race next sunday in aledo ill. PM me if you want to know more.

jdwxv3
06-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Check out www.mhscracing.com and come down and play with us. We have a good series with some really really fast guys. I belive we have 4 or 5 Mo guys racing in the Pro in the GNCC's so some of the races around here get pretty wild when all the fast guys show up! I am probaly going to race Iowa on Oct the 8th. I will be in the A class. What class do you race there?

Later, Josh W.

bansheexcracer2
06-10-2006, 09:51 PM
you r probibly talking about the iowa harescrambles. I run the uorr MXC and some of the OMA nationals. I am rnning the IHS and all the OMA's next year. Even thinkin about hitting a few GNCC races. I might come down and run a couple with ya.

www.unitedoffroadracing.com

Thats me on the banshee without mods last year, my 1st race ever.

jdwxv3
06-11-2006, 06:14 AM
So who ussually wins these things? I never really heard to much about them. I noticed Bryan Baker won one of them I just know him cause he is an ex Missouri state champ. Then I saw Adam Mcgill, Sommers, and Rice on one podium. Is this just a practice ground for the GNCC pros to race when there is no gncc going on? Seems like that series is all over the place, covers a lot of states so it would be hard for people to follow. I may hit one or two of them sometime....do they have a stock class? Also isnt it hard to be competive in the higer classes on a banshee? I used to have one and I did not like it one bit but to each his own but I will stick with a 4 stroke lol! Maybe I will see you at one of the races...if I do I will say hello....you will be easy to spot. I will just look for the banshee:)

bansheexcracer2
06-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah the gncc guys sho wup somtimes. Last year at ohio chris borich showed up 5 minutes befor the start and whooped everyone. I am getting a 400EX this week,

broke
07-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
So who ussually wins these things? I never really heard to much about them. I noticed Bryan Baker won one of them I just know him cause he is an ex Missouri state champ. Then I saw Adam Mcgill, Sommers, and Rice on one podium. Is this just a practice ground for the GNCC pros to race when there is no gncc going on? Seems like that series is all over the place, covers a lot of states so it would be hard for people to follow. I may hit one or two of them sometime....do they have a stock class? Also isnt it hard to be competive in the higer classes on a banshee? I used to have one and I did not like it one bit but to each his own but I will stick with a 4 stroke lol! Maybe I will see you at one of the races...if I do I will say hello....you will be easy to spot. I will just look for the banshee:)

I tend to find that a Banshee that isn't good in the woods just isn't set up right. In stock form, they suck in the trails. I have spent quite a bit to get mine set up right, but now it can be raced anywhere, anytime on any course. New narrower A-arms would be in order, but that's about it. It really comes down to the rider most of the time.

brian250racer
07-05-2006, 05:30 PM
1998 I won the TQRA Cross country open expert class overall on a Banshee with minor motor mods, stock swingarm and a-arms, Works shocks, and a lonestar axle. A Banshee does alright i the woods if your used to riding it there!!!:D

bansheexcracer2
07-05-2006, 09:34 PM
I took 1st the past 2 weeks on mine soi am pretty happy with it. Didnt get the ex.

Mxjunkie
07-09-2006, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by brian250racer
1998 I won the TQRA Cross country open expert class overall on a Banshee with minor motor mods, stock swingarm and a-arms, Works shocks, and a lonestar axle. A Banshee does alright i the woods if your used to riding it there!!!:D

Haha thats basicly what I have I just have yfz fronts instead of works :p