PDA

View Full Version : durablue axle

BlasterEaten250
06-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Yesterday I bent my stock axle on my 250 a little bit. Now I'm worried that one day I will go off a jump and it will break. The only company I know of that makes aftermarket axles for the 250ex is durablue. The model that fits it is the eliminator, which is an adjustable +2/+4 width. Will this axle be stronger than stock? Will I regret having a wider rear end than the front, because if I get it, my back will be a good 3-4 inches wider(with my razr's on) And finally, what are the cheapest places you guys know of that sells the durablue eliminator axles? The cheapest I can find is $309. Thanks for any help.

Sjorge450R
06-09-2006, 05:36 PM
get a stock one or standard width. I smack my 300ex's rear end on trees all the time, cause of the wider offset rear wheels. I couldn't even imagine what it would be like with 3-5 rear wheels and a +2 axle.

BlasterEaten250
06-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Which one would be stronger? I never really ride in very tight trees.

Sjorge450R
06-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
Which one would be stronger? I never really ride in very tight trees.

give me a minuite. I will look to see if durablue sells the heavy duty axle. If you dont ride in woods, it wont hurt it.

ryanh250ex
06-09-2006, 06:26 PM
you will not like the extra width in the rear with the stock width up front, it will push very badly. i'm only 2 inches wider (judging by sizes of my tires, not actual measurements) in the rear than up front, and it wants to 3 wheel all the time.

just get a new stock axle, i think altogether my last OEM axle i bought (i'm on my 3rd) cost me 125 with seals and everything..

by the way...dont pay a shop to do it. do it yourself, it's time consuming as all hell the first time around, but it's easy enough.

just curious- how did you bend it?

BlasterEaten250
06-09-2006, 06:47 PM
I know how to take out the axle, so that won't be a problem. I think I will probably just get another stock axle, since it is so much cheaper. I think I have been putting to much stress on it lately with all the jumping I do

ryanh250ex
06-11-2006, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
I know how to take out the axle, so that won't be a problem. I think I will probably just get another stock axle, since it is so much cheaper. I think I have been putting to much stress on it lately with all the jumping I do

:eek: it may be me but with that kinda jumping it's not the axle i dont think thats the problem, it's you bottoming out your rear suspension! it looks like you still were heading upwards when the pic was taken.

i'd seriously consider a aftermarket rear shock for you if you plan on keeping that thing for the long run.

another outlandish- but surprisingly cheap solution would be to get the next axle cryogenically frozen. i looked into it when i was considering rebuilding my 250ex for forced induction (crazy idea i know, i still have some more homework to do) , and i think for a single piston it was like 20 bucks. good deal for the increase in strength.