PDA

View Full Version : Bear break in

400exchick
06-09-2006, 01:05 PM
My uneasiness towards bears justified:

http://www.northernnews.ca/webapp/sitepages/content.asp?contentid=65594&catname=Local%20News&classif=News%20-%20Local

Long story short, a bear broke into a house, gained entry by a window. Raided the cupboards, fridge, made holes in walls, etc. Thousands in damage. :eek2:

Quad18star
06-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Bring back the spring bear hunt !!!! If the dumb f**ks in Toronto would open their eyes and see what's going on in Northern Ontario , they'd have a different perspective on things .

To them , they're just cute cuddly little animals ... to us people that live in the north , it's a danger . Last summer we had a bear roaming through our backyards here in the neighbourhood looking for food .... and I don't live in the sticks either .

There's already been a few people attacked here in town this year and the summer is just beginning ..... this was hardly ever a problem a few years back when they had the spring bear hunt . :mad:

nickmelll
06-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by 400exchick
My uneasiness towards bears justified:

http://www.northernnews.ca/webapp/sitepages/content.asp?contentid=65594&catname=Local%20News&classif=News%20-%20Local

Long story short, a bear broke into a house, gained entry by a window. Raided the cupboards, fridge, made holes in walls, etc. Thousands in damage. :eek2:

thats what we have prob. w/ here. the damn torist come up from the city and see the cuddly bears so they feed them then we r stuck w/ them:grr:

06-09-2006, 06:58 PM
i had the exact thing happen to me while i lived in whistler. I bear broke in through the front door and knocked over all our kitchen cupboards and was eating ****.... i slept threw the whole thing. the thing that woke me up was the police firing a shot gun full of paint at it to mark it as a 'problem bear'

its nothin tho, i dont blame the bear, there pretty cool animals, watch Grizzly Man, its about timothy treadwell.

nickmelll
06-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by the gangsta

its nothin tho, i dont blame the bear, there pretty cool animals, watch Grizzly Man, its about timothy treadwell. [/B]

um didnt the bear eat him?

400exrida06
06-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Bring back the spring bear hunt !!!! If the dumb f**ks in Toronto would open their eyes and see what's going on in Northern Ontario , they'd have a different perspective on things .

To them , they're just cute cuddly little animals ... to us people that live in the north , it's a danger . Last summer we had a bear roaming through our backyards here in the neighbourhood looking for food .... and I don't live in the sticks either .

There's already been a few people attacked here in town this year and the summer is just beginning ..... this was hardly ever a problem a few years back when they had the spring bear hunt . :mad:

I agree with you a 100%, May 24 me my dad and the other guys went up to the hunt camp with is just west of the French River in Parry Sound and when we got to the cabin there were bear markings on the cabin and big bear paw prints of the windows and everything, when i was up there deer hunting i seen a bear and her cub and it freaked me right out cause those things are huge, but i agree with you they need to bring back the bear hunt theres just to many up there, and people are starting to get hurt and there even scarring alot of the deer out of the area. Pretty soon there should be elk hunting up there because every night we could hear them buggling back in the bush, so that would be kind of interesting

Mxjunkie
06-09-2006, 09:19 PM
My buddy has the same problem but he lives in Tennesee. He has a lowered dakota on airbags etc, the bears tryed to break in it and broke the window out of it, dented the door and scratched the hell out of the truck.

Worst part is, he cant shoot the bears so they just keep coming back..

Greg I can see it now, your going to make the grizzly a rolling tank and go bear hunting hahahaha

Quad18star
06-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by 400exrida06
I agree with you a 100%, May 24 me my dad and the other guys went up to the hunt camp with is just west of the French River in Parry Sound and when we got to the cabin there were bear markings on the cabin and big bear paw prints of the windows and everything, when i was up there deer hunting i seen a bear and her cub and it freaked me right out cause those things are huge, but i agree with you they need to bring back the bear hunt theres just to many up there, and people are starting to get hurt and there even scarring alot of the deer out of the area. Pretty soon there should be elk hunting up there because every night we could hear them buggling back in the bush, so that would be kind of interesting

My mom and dad live up at our cottage which is 2 hours north of here ( I live in Sudbury) , and there is constantly bear tracks up and down the driveway . All their garbage has to be locked up in an old freezer so that the bears can't get at it .

There's been quite a few sightings in and around the cottages , so now my dad brings his dog with him wherever he goes just in case .... either the dog will scare the bear away ( most likely) , or he'll become a meal for the bear ... but for now we don't want to think about that .

As far as the Elk , it's been a project that's been ongoing for the last few years in the area . A private group along with the MNR has introduced Elk back into the area and they've been tracking the herds . So far they all seem to be doing really well .... the Elk Restoration Project seems to be a success !!!!!:D

400exrida06
06-09-2006, 09:30 PM
I wish i lived up North, its so beautiful and peaceful up there, the huntings great and so is the fishing, it was pretty funny when we were up there once like North Bay and it was around the summer time and i remember seeing the shat flies, that was pretty neat because i've never seen them ever, and i can remember going out at night and everything would be just white this was like a couple years ago

Quad18star
06-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
My buddy has the same problem but he lives in Tennesee. He has a lowered dakota on airbags etc, the bears tryed to break in it and broke the window out of it, dented the door and scratched the hell out of the truck.

Worst part is, he cant shoot the bears so they just keep coming back..

Greg I can see it now, your going to make the grizzly a rolling tank and go bear hunting hahahaha

Don't worry ..... there's gunna be a gun boot attatched to the quad VERY soon and there'll be a 30.06 in it . I might have a few new bear rugs sitting in the cottage . :devil: J/K

But seriously , if these bears start comming too close , I'll put a bullet in a few of them and call the Conservation Authorities to come and pick them up . Use the good old " self defence" excuse .

Side note .... did you know that a bear skin is going for big money , same for gall bladders on the black market . I priced out a bear skin/rug at a local Trading Post ( tourist boutique) and a small rug was going for $3000 and it wasn't the nicest I've ever seen . Gall Bladders are selling for thousands of dollars down in Toronto right now .

NorCalRacer
06-09-2006, 09:31 PM
About 5 years ago they closed our local landfill and everyone has had problems since. Bears actually came on a friend's porch last year and killed his dog within 20 feet of his kids in a hot tub. One lady had her cabin literally leveled. One thing here though, if a bear threatens you or your property you won't get into trouble for killing it.

Quad18star
06-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by NorCalRacer
About 5 years ago they closed our local landfill and everyone has had problems since. Bears actually came on a friend's porch last year and killed his dog within 20 feet of his kids in a hot tub. One lady had her cabin literally leveled. One thing here though, if a bear threatens you or your property you won't get into trouble for killing it.

Go to a local landfill around here on any given night , and you see about 20 or 30 bears roaming around and about 50 cars all parked there looking at the " nice little bears" . From my experience , most of these people are from the south of our province where the only bears they really see are in a Zoo .

The excuse given to the hunters for the cancelation of the spring hunt was because the cubs can't survive without their mothers .... 5 years later we're overrun with the bear population yet they won't reinstate the hunt . Oh well .... they'll be getting more and more complaints and pick-up calls to come remove dead bears sitting in peoples properties or at the landfill sites .

06-10-2006, 12:59 PM
you can shoot a bear right between the eyes and it wont do anything.

red rider88
06-10-2006, 03:10 PM
my uncle shot his bear between the eyes and it dropped right there

Iliketogofast
06-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Bears can't be trusted! Don't you guys watch the Colbert Report? Bears were listed as #1 on the ThreatDown a few shows ago, right next to frogs escaping on planes.

NorCalRacer
06-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by the gangsta
you can shoot a bear right between the eyes and it wont do anything.

Not if you use the right gun:macho

ohsobad_chevy
06-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star

I'm from Oklahoma, I love to bow hunt whitetails and hogs... I would love to come to Canada and do some goose/bear hunting. Have you ever heard of people shooting geese with bows...well I can say from experience that it is a challenge. :cool:

Quad18star
06-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
I'm from Oklahoma, I love to bow hunt whitetails and hogs... I would love to come to Canada and do some goose/bear hunting. Have you ever heard of people shooting geese with bows...well I can say from experience that it is a challenge. :cool:

Can't say I've heard of hunting geese with a bow .... in fact I don't think our laws allow for it .

400exchick
06-12-2006, 12:17 PM
I don't think we have bow geese hunting either. I know we have bow hunting for moose & cariboo. But I'm not expert as far as hunting laws & such. I also agree that they should re-instate spring bear hunt. I don't even like going for walks with my dogs after dusk has set.

ohsobad_chevy: If you're ever serious about coming up to hunt bear let me know. My uncle does organized outings, he takes care of the bait and everything if you want. He doesn't stay with you out there though, you have a camp and do your own thing. He has multiple american customers. A few weeks back I met a couple guys that were up from west viriginia for just that.

ohsobad_chevy
06-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Well, I have always been a big waterfowl hunter. My buddies seen a show on the outdoor channel of these fellers in a double bull blind shooting geese with their bows...we checked the laws and it was totally legal here in Oklahoma. We set out about 65 full body canadas, and 199 snow goose silos (first week of Jan.) We finally got a group of 20 or so to land and I shot one at about 40 yards. Needless to say, that was the only one we fooled. We are gonna try it some more nest season.