PDA

View Full Version : It's been raining for 3 weeks

250R-Dee
06-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Sometimes I really hate the rainy season! It's been raining for 3 weeks and I have 2 more weeks to go. Too bad a key part for the 250R is lost in the mail, the ATC200X is torn down for rebuild and I don't ride the RMX250 because I am trying to sell it. I have a 4WD car ('96 Lancer EVO IV) but it wouldn't do me in good at the offroad riding areas.

I guess I'll have plenty of time to study for my CCIE, upgrade/clean my paintball markers and watch some of DVD's that have been collecting dust.

I did a DVD marathon today: Glory Days, Coach Carter, We Were Soldiers, Tears of the SUn, Underworld 2, Dazed and Confused, Hidalgo..... and a couple short vids on the computer. Damn, I was really bored today.

Oh yeah, and the GF is in Hawaii until October :(

Quad18star
06-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Sounds like you're having a wonderful time !!! :p

I know you've mentioned it before , but why are you in Japan again ?? How long have you been there ??

trx400exxracer
06-09-2006, 08:40 AM
I wish we had some of your rain it has rained here some where around 20 days with just a little rain for about a hour and it just went strait through the ground we need rain

250R-Dee
06-09-2006, 08:59 AM
I have been in Japan since 1993. The first 7 years were with my BELOVED USMC and the last (6) have been as a civilian supporting the troops here on island.

(3) friends just signed on to go to Iraq as civilian IT support. $125k for one year of work sounds enticing BUT I'd rather deal with crazy drivers, 80% humidity @ 90 degrees during the summer, typhoons and the rainy season than to go over there. :blah: :chinese:

juanki
06-09-2006, 09:26 AM
contrary to you, we have months without rain, its incredible, i remember the last rain was in september last year

Iliketogofast
06-09-2006, 09:59 AM
If you own an Evo that old and haven't taken it mudding yet you don't know what you're missing. Get someone to sit shotgun and shoot a video of you guys tearing up the yard in that hog!

So are there really a lot of offroad riding areas in Japan?

PolarisRider
06-09-2006, 10:27 AM
What kind of paintball markers do you have?

250R-Dee
06-10-2006, 12:22 AM
Iliketogofast - I guess you do not know the potential of on EVO IV. I would never bash this car in a mud pit, I Took this car for a cruise of one of our semi suspension test roads (lots of curves and switchbacks similar to a Rally Tarmac course) and it performed superbly. Hell, if I'm going to trash something it's going to be a car that I do not care about.

PolarisRider - I have a ULE EMAG with XMOD, a Firestorm Autococker, Dragunfly Mech, and I am building my own version of an Autocker Sniper. I had (4) more markers but I sold them. I know the owner of Dragun Empire so he always hooked me up with the newest marker.

400eXr1d3rZ
06-10-2006, 03:07 AM
Has it been raining for 3 weeks straight, or on and off?

250R-Dee
06-10-2006, 03:16 AM
It has been raining everyday for 3 weeks. We might get a couple hours of no rain every once in a while but it rains everyday. This is somewhat normal for the rainy season but the season started a couple weeks late this year. After the rainy season ends the Typhoon season will start.

400eXr1d3rZ
06-10-2006, 03:32 AM
do you have any pictures of what it looks like outside?

250R-Dee
06-10-2006, 05:53 AM
I'll snap some pics tomorrow. It's night over here 9:00pm saturday right now. Almost time to go cut-a-rug with some of my crazy friends.:chinese: :D

Iliketogofast
06-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by TRX250RJapan
Iliketogofast - I guess you do not know the potential of on EVO IV. I would never bash this car in a mud pit, I Took this car for a cruise of one of our semi suspension test roads (lots of curves and switchbacks similar to a Rally Tarmac course) and it performed superbly. Hell, if I going to trash something it's going to be a car that I do not care about.

PolarisRider - I have a ULE EMAG with XMOD, a Firestorm Autococker, Dragunfly Mech, and I am building my own version of an Autocker Sniper. I had (4) more markers but I sold them. I know the owner of Dragun Empire so he always hooked me up with the newest marker.

Ah, I'm not talking about bashing it in a pit. I'm just talking about flinging some mud around somewhere flat, not REAL mudding like in a truck. I have a friend with a 2003 WRX Sti, and he used to do it. It was a 50k dollar car after he put the turbo upgrade and all the other crap... I thought it was kinda idiotic but it didn't mess it up. There's a vid at the link where he did it in a field once.... Listen to the turbo blow off :D

http://www.joink.com/homes/users/empiremotoring/main.htm

It's the 3rd video

Iliketogofast
06-10-2006, 08:42 AM
How come you don't list the EVO in your sig? It's gotta be a lot more fun to drive than that Integra.

Holy crap, I didn't see that part about typhoon season! WTF! What exactly is a typhoon, and do you actually get them at your place?

JRP
06-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
I wish we had some of your rain it has rained here some where around 20 days with just a little rain for about a hour and it just went strait through the ground we need rain

same here, my track dirt is white, litteraly. Its all dust, we need about 4in to catch up. haha

stoled_400_:(
06-10-2006, 09:07 AM
it rained for a few weeks here recently... this is the "brook" down the street from me. :eek2:

06-10-2006, 09:09 AM

06-10-2006, 09:10 AM
the old mill got just a bit flooded.... haha