PDA

View Full Version : Want to lower and widen my 04 450r

Venom908
06-09-2006, 12:37 AM
I dont want to make it too wide or too low but i cant stand the stock height and width.

so im basically looking for a-arms, new suspenesion all around, and a new axel

im going to be doing mostly xc and trials with some mx

so i dont want it to be too low or too wide where i cant make it thru trails

what do you guys suggest?

and btw i dont need top of the line stuff but i dont want ****

thanks

kyleschonert
06-09-2006, 08:05 AM
you can get plus 2 a-arms, and have your stock shocks sent to either derisi racing, gt thunder, c&d racing, etc... and have them revalved and converted to ZPS. Or you can buy axis, peps, or elka shocks. As they are all ZPS. For the rear, i would do the same. But i would also wait for someone else to respond to this, but this should give you an idea.

xsr_racing28c
06-09-2006, 08:36 AM
What i would do is get +2 standard travel arms and get some aftermarket shocks and an axle. Your rear shocks should be ok, but if you have some extra money get your rear shock sent to any of the above and have them revalve and respring it..

Venom908
06-09-2006, 12:22 PM
what a-arms and axels do you guys recommend (not top of the line)

also how long long would be a sutible suspension system for the front and back with +2 a arms

xsr_racing28c
06-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Are you talking about length of shocks?? I'm not sure on the exact length because it all depends on the arms, but if you want to get some +2 arms i would recommend Houser or Burgard.

I would get Elka comp adj shocks and a g-force axle..

But thats just me, alot will tell you to get stock rebuilds, but i've never used them, i've just had aftermarket shocks...

kyleschonert
06-09-2006, 03:02 PM
alot of people also say they have had alot of problems with their g-froce axle's to, but other people havent. WHat i would do, is buy a lonestar axcalibur. Or even one off of ebay. We bought mine used, and as long as the serial number shows that it is a lonestar axle, you still have the lifetime warranty.