PDA

View Full Version : Sponsers!

ingleful
06-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Any one whos got sponser wanna tell me how they got em..?

KWAD GAWD
06-08-2006, 11:18 PM
If you're serious about earning sponsors, print this out... it just might help.

First of all, you have to be a dedicated racer. You have to race ENTIRE series or seasons, and complete the series, every race. Then you get "overall" results for the season or series. This is what sponsors want to see.

For example, once you race an entire season, and you place 4th overall. This is the step one. Then you race another series, and you get 3rd overall. Keep this up for two summers or so, and keep detailed race results organized in a folder.

Then, you have to organize and write up a rider resume. This is a 2 part resume/letter that must be professional looking, professional reading, that includes a letter introducing yourself, telling the potential sponser about yourself, where you're from, what type of racing you do, your goals for the future, and any important details you think will help out.

It's nice to have this designed professionally, nice layout, no spelling errors, includes your contact information, a clean cut headshot, some actions shots on a clean bike and clean gear.
Color is always a plus. This is something you can print at home on nice paper.

Your actual resume should include all your results. Individual race results, each race in the series...
Round One: Glen Helen Raceway - 4 Stroke B class - 6th place
Round Two: Oak Hill MX - 4 Stroek B class - 4th place
... you get the picture.

Include pretty much everything you've done, as long as it's multiple races as part of a series. (Not one or two poop races).
THEY WANT TO SEE DEDICATION!!
They don't care about the fastest kid in the world, if he's not racing... if he's not at the track, he's doing them no good.

Make a list of reasonable potential sponsors... Hunt down usning the internet the phone numbers and address of the places you want to send your resume to: THEN CALL THEM!!

Say "Who should I direct my rider resume to" OR SAY "Who's in charge of rider sponsorship" and write down their name! Make sure you spell it corretly, ask the person on the phone "How do you spell that?" That way you send your resume to the right person.

This all has to happen around October, November, December for the FOLLOWING season. So, get your act together this winter and get organized - be professional and get some damn sponsors.

It's easy if you really want them. Or you could be "that guy" or should I say "that kid" that just runs his mouth about "I'm gunna" I'm gunna" do this, get that, do that - but is too lazy and unresponsible to do anything without their parents holding their hand.
Don't be a puss, if you're a serious racer - do it, be smart about things and once you start racing more and more you're resume will build itself. It's up to you (NOT YOUR MOM) to keep track of things and get your resume together. GO NOW - RESUME TIME!!

KWAD GAWD
06-09-2006, 10:47 AM
^^^^^^^

ingleful
06-09-2006, 10:51 AM
alright thanks man:D

ingleful
06-09-2006, 10:56 AM
the only series that im actually tryin to complete is the Night MX series at my local track..i race the D class...plan on skippin the C class and going straight to B..thats what every ones tellin me to do....heres the link to the point standing of the night MX series..

http://www.hlrmotorsports.net/hlr/Results/atv/night_atv_mx_points.htm

P.S. my names Kaleb Berry.