PDA

View Full Version : Blaster Questions

Titusville
06-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Ok so.. i bought a new 2005 blaster and i wanna do some mods to it.

Im thinking of putting holeshot tires and a k&N air filter on also and if i just put the air filter on at first is it real important to get it rejetted right away or can i ride it for a while until i get a pipe to rejet it?

For the pipe im looking for something real loud and good performance wise. and i have no idea but i hear phantom pipes are good and fmf

K&N- Around 45$$
Holeshot Tires- around 85$$
Pipe-?? this is where i need help.

For the pipe im looking for something real loud and good performance wise. that is mid priced :devil:

06-09-2006, 06:54 AM
toomey racing is the best pipe for what your looking for.it has a great sound and is at a good price.here is the info,part numbere and pics of the pipe.Toomey B-1 Pipe Kit Chrome
Fits: 2005, YAMAHA, BLASTER 200
Our price: $335.95
Part# 0901004
and if you whant they can get you a nice jet kit for the blaster to

K & N Jet Kit
Fits: 2005, YAMAHA, BLASTER 200
Our price: $48.00
Part# 81Q419

this is rocky mountain atv give them a call at 1-800-336-5437 7am–7pm Mon–Fri, 8am–4pm Sat MST just give them the part number and they will set you up.

bwamos
06-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Titusville
Im thinking of putting holeshot tires and a k&N air filter on also and if i just put the air filter on at first is it real important to get it rejetted right away or can i ride it for a while until i get a pipe to rejet it?

Yery important to rejet. ESPECIALLY on a 2-stroke. Twice as many firing cycles = twice as much heat. Lean will make it run very hot and the blaster isn't water cooled so it makes it even worse.

I'd leave the stock filter on it until you buy the pipe.

I'd also look at getting rid of the premix injector, and mixing your gas.

fmfracing5
06-09-2006, 11:29 AM
go with the phantom system there awsome, fmf has good all around power.