PDA

View Full Version : Some kind of electrical problem

Dupontster
06-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Ok, I have a 426 that I have been having a problem with for some time now..I have the key switch mounted on the bars....I have a bike kill switch that I use for a starter button...Turn the switch on and hit the button and go...NOT ALWAYS...Sometimes it won't do anything...I can go to the selonid and jump it there and it starts every time...I have tried disconnecting the push button, no luck...Disconnecting the switch, no luck...I even ran 2 wires from the selonoid to the front of the bike and that worked but the damn wires got too hot....Is there some kind of relay that reduces the current or what...We have gone over every wire on the bike and still no luck....Starts and runs fine when I jump it, but that is a pain...I have to take the seat off, start it and put the seat back on and go...Anyone have any ideas or electrical experience?

racingquads22
06-08-2006, 05:55 PM
i know it sounds stupid but check the wire from the neg side of the battery where it connects to the subframe sometimes that comes loose and causes the power to shut off and on....

Dupontster
06-09-2006, 07:17 AM
That isn't stupid at all....I did check that though...When we had the frame and subframe powdercoated, we had a big issue with grounding....Had to file off the PC in many places to get a good ground....I still think that may have something to do with the problem....