PDA

View Full Version : practice track tips

tazman7
06-08-2006, 04:54 PM
I am planning on building a small practice track at our shop but im not sure on how far to space the jumps and what angles to make the take offs and landings at.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I checked out www.dirtwurx.com and it didnt say to much...

theTman
06-08-2006, 05:00 PM
do a search....ive seen this plenty of times

06-08-2006, 05:01 PM
small and big...if you make them too small then you will have to make them bigger and thats a pain in the ***** but then again, you could remodel your track the 2nd time.

you have a modded 250r so i think you'll be ok ;)

tazman7
06-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by theTman
do a search....ive seen this plenty of times

I did a search- thanks for your help bud- The only thing I found was pictures...

JRP
06-08-2006, 07:17 PM
u can make some doubles about 40 or 50ft, tables at 50 or 60ft, and like little doubles like 20 ft. and some whoops. like a couple of them at 1ft apart then make them farther apart as they go.

tazman7
06-08-2006, 07:19 PM
ok..you say 40 to 50feet..does that mean peak to peak?

JRP
06-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by tazman7
ok..you say 40 to 50feet..does that mean peak to peak?

yea like from lip to lip. from the time u leave the ground to the time you land on the landing.

crossroadsmx
06-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by tazman7
I am planning on building a small practice track at our shop but im not sure on how far to space the jumps and what angles to make the take offs and landings at.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I checked out www.dirtwurx.com and it didnt say to much...

Shop What kind of shop??

KWAD GAWD
06-08-2006, 11:29 PM
You'll need about 20x more dirt than you think.
I hope you have a nice size dozer, dump truck and or a hill to dig from. Jump spacing is just common sense.

First you have to draw the track out on a piece of paper, depending on elevation change and natural lay of the land will determine where your jumps and things will be. Once you get a basic layout, then consider where jumps and landings will be.

Like I said, it's common sense. Build the take off first, then jump the jump at track speed and see where abouts you'll be landing.
Then build a small landing, then try it.. adjust it, build it up more.

It's a long and hard process to get a nice set up.. but it's doable if you have the right equipment.

tazman7
06-09-2006, 05:30 AM
My dad owns a landscaping company so I luck out in the equipment area- Hes got a dozer-skid steer- dump truck-dump trailer-

I have already realized that it is going to take a crapload of dirt. We have a hill I might be able to steal some dirt from.

Thanks for all of your help

crossroadsmx
06-09-2006, 06:06 AM
Cool it sounds like you will have everything to do the job. It is time consuming but what a blast to ride and see the end product. I have been there done that and still doing it on a daily basis. I love playing in the dirt with my toys. Have a blast and ride on..