PDA

View Full Version : 400ex-250r PEP STD TRVL Shocks +2 a-arms

yamablaster24
06-08-2006, 12:17 PM
These were just rebuilt with new hoses put on. 180-200lb rider with +2 a-arms, MX b class, according to the shock. Shocks are too stiff for my stock arms, I also need to buy some stock front shocks.

Asking 350.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/yamablastermx/shocks004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/yamablastermx/shocks003.jpg

Shift_450R
06-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by yamablaster24
These were just rebuilt with new hoses put on. 180-200lb rider with +2 a-arms, MX b class, according to the shock. Shocks are too stiff for my stock arms, I also need to buy some stock front shocks.

Asking 350.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/yamablastermx/shocks004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/yamablastermx/shocks003.jpg

So they are too stuff for the a-arms or too stiff for your likings? Im very interseted. Please get back to me through a PM or contact me by adding me to msn messenger or aim

Msn- sk_42@hotmail.com
AIM- exridersteve

440ex#28
06-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Those are WORKS shocks..... come on now matt

DOHC
06-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Thos r not pep as said above (WORKS BUDDY) i will give u 220 for them

gumby2461
06-10-2006, 11:08 AM
def works look at the bottles...come on now

yamablaster24
06-11-2006, 06:31 AM
they have mark baldwins writing on the bottom as well as what they are set up for, may have started out as works shocks but now have valving and all that as a PEP shock.

yamablaster24
06-11-2006, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Shift_450R
So they are too stuff for the a-arms or too stiff for your likings? Im very interseted. Please get back to me through a PM or contact me by adding me to msn messenger or aim

Msn- sk_42@hotmail.com
AIM- exridersteve

to stiff for my stock a-arms.

BTW you may notice part of the bottle looks newer than the other, this is where i took off the PEP stickers. Under them the bottles were like brand new.

dustinb
06-11-2006, 10:56 PM
these are the shocks he got off of me a little while ago in a trade for stock 450R shocks. they came off my 250r and were as he says garbage when he received them but in my oppinion not that bad. anyways mark baldwin NEVER EVER saw these shocks. i gota them on my bike and the origional owner of them said he only put the pep stickers on them because he thought they looked cool on the rezzy's heres a pic of them on my bike before he spray painted the rusty springs or whatever he did with them http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006/01/07/bikepics-497350-full.jpg just to let ya know i traded him these shocks and 55 dollars for a set of stockers then he rebuilt them himself...............soo bid accordingly i know i would want the real PEP's and not just look alikes

AtvKid4Eva
06-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Well.....That sucks hahaha:blah:

yamablaster24
06-12-2006, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by dustinb
these are the shocks he got off of me a little while ago in a trade for stock 450R shocks. they came off my 250r and were as he says garbage when he received them but in my oppinion not that bad. anyways mark baldwin NEVER EVER saw these shocks. i gota them on my bike and the origional owner of them said he only put the pep stickers on them because he thought they looked cool on the rezzy's heres a pic of them on my bike before he spray painted the rusty springs or whatever he did with them http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006/01/07/bikepics-497350-full.jpg just to let ya know i traded him these shocks and 55 dollars for a set of stockers then he rebuilt them himself...............soo bid accordingly i know i would want the real PEP's and not just look alikes

First of all you are the biggest scammer i know of. You have sold me swingarms that were bent, a-arms that were cut in half and welded back together, and you sold me theses shocks saying they were pep and that you were doing 40 foot doubles with them and they were fine. I put them on the 400 and they immediately ride the spring and are completely horrible. I take apart the shock to find holes in the rezzi lines, no oil in the shocks and no nitrogen at all. Ok so i put new lines on, put in new shock oil, put the shock back together and now they work how a shock should. And btw you idiot they have "PEP, MX-B 200#" on the sides of the shocks written by whoever does PEP shocks so either it was the guy in Cali who rarely does them or Baldwin. If you want I can get a picture of the engraving on the shock. Also watch yourself because if i see your *** anywhere around here, man...

I like how your a man of your word also, saying that if we do not like the shocks that we can give you your money back and get our 450r shocks back. So my dad calls you telling you that we want to trade back when we realize they need rebuilt and we didnt expect any problems since you said you would trade back, but no, you lie and say you sold the shocks or some bull**** and that were stuck with them and that we blew them ourselves, yeaa im sure i put the holes in the rezzi lines and drained all the nitrogen and oil out of the shocks while installing them. I dont know how you can sleep at night.

dustinb
06-12-2006, 12:59 PM
haha your the only one of hundreds to ever have a bad dealing with me. also if i remember right i was debating buying that yfz motor of yours but i found out how beat it actually was from the previous owner, you stated it had NO time on it. and my gay blaster **** you were very well aware of, and if i remember right i told you i didnt want to sell the a arms to you since they were garbage but you insisted. and these works shocks were not 100 percent and i made SURE you were very well of that jackass . and why in the world would i be affraid of your stupid skinny ***????? come to my house your more than welcome if you wanna trhow down threats online and ty to act like a bad ***. again i have hundreds of 100% positive feedback on ebay and projectblaster.com just go check that stuff out my ebay name is honda25ex and dustinb at project blaster. THESE SHOCSK ARE NOT BY ANYWAY DONE BY PEP!!!! they were off my 250r and the guy who i am still in contact with says they are no way any part of PEP ever he just liked the stickers and they somewhat resemble pep due to color scheme also these shocks are very old since they are the OLDER style from back when 250R's were the bike everyone rode. Get your **** right then maybe we can talk btu as of now you have no idea

dustinb
06-12-2006, 01:04 PM
and why would i drain shocks and put holes in the lines? that wouldnt be a smart move on my part. and anyways you call me 1 MONTH later requesting money back. what were you thinking i said id give you a week or somthing. and i called your house right after your bro put them on and he said he loved them except they were a little bouncy. and yes your front right stock 450R shocks leaked out of the compression adjustment screw so i traded them with a buddy of mine for his since he doesnt really ride the bike and is upgradeing suspension. Geeze buddy honestly get your story straight and stop trying to screw someone over selling them some old works shocks you somewhat rebuilt................and spray painted and claiming there PEP PEP's are the best bottomline! not some jeryy rigged rebuilt painted shocks you put together, im sure whomever may have bought these would have been VERY dissapointed

440ex#28
06-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by yamablaster24
Also watch yourself because if i see your *** anywhere around here, man...

was that a threat?.......good one:rolleyes:

yamablaster24
06-12-2006, 06:20 PM
alright i guess the previous owner engraved the Pep and what they are revalved for into the bottom of the shocks which baldwin does to his shocks just for looks too. I dont care about whatever feedback you have or what not i mean heck your selling your 250r that supposevely "has never been beat on" after you recovered it from being stolen, which you failed to mention in your ad. Stay out of my post and stop talking about things you know nothing about, i mean you ARE the one who told me they were PEP shocks were you not?

dustinb
06-12-2006, 10:17 PM
NO i never said they were PEP i made sure you knew they were not in any way affiliated with PEP, your just trying to make these works shocks seem like PEP shocks which they are no where near, just trying to help out any possible buyers so they dont get greatly dissapointed but im pretty confident no one is going to give you anywhere newar what you want for these so-called Pep's that were mine but what ever. and no im not selling my 250R i am perfectly happy with it i was throwing the idea around but theres no use in selling it, its a great bike and as said earlier the thiefs of my bike were NOT able to even start the thing so no it was not beat on. and how do i know nothing about this? wasnt i the previous owner of these shocks? lol like really you must be lost

ieatglue
06-13-2006, 07:50 PM
not saying they are pep or not but i had a set of actual pep shocks about 5 years ago that looked just like that. when i went to get them rebuilt, guess what, same internals as works. i would say they are cheapest pep shocks you could get (pep name on works shocks)

QuadRacer18
06-14-2006, 05:24 AM
how bout we see some pictures of the engraved area on the shock, that'll clear everything up.... if there actually is an engraving.

rrguy
06-15-2006, 09:23 AM
sponge_bob has a good point. I have seen more than one set of older shocks with the pep stickers on etc. Totally resemble works. It is very possible that PEP use to market these? Of course I think most of us know many Companies have used another product & put there name on it. Maybey no one is totally right or completely wrong. Did not mean to interupt the arguing.