PDA

View Full Version : Andy Lagzdins on Polaris Outlaw?

Admin
06-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Andy Lagzdins streaks through the woods on a Polaris Outlaw this past weekend

Admin
06-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Andy Lagzdins throwing up some rocks with the Outlaw

Admin
06-07-2006, 09:06 PM
There will be new Pro Racer on a Polaris this weekend at the Sparta GNCC:D

06-07-2006, 09:12 PM
I'm guessing a factory backed type deal? rocking the polairs gear.

watts16
06-07-2006, 09:13 PM
:eek2:

honda350r
06-07-2006, 09:15 PM
He must have drawn the short straw ..

Ralph
06-07-2006, 10:01 PM
He looks fass

ingleful
06-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by honda350r

Lmao

trx400exxracer
06-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by honda350r

that was a good one

j_cyrus3
06-07-2006, 10:35 PM
What was he thinking....

YFZ450Ridr
06-07-2006, 10:53 PM
wasnt he on a 450r before this? any particular reason he made the switch?

trx400exxracer
06-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400ridr

yeah he was ridin a 450r

the reason is probably he has a factory ride with polaris and they probably pay him

I think he took the place of Matt Smiley

mud-duck
06-08-2006, 12:41 AM
They must be paying him really good!!! Smiley did not do worth a Sh1T on it. What a piece of junk!!!! Bet Smiley does good on that HONDA.

400exrules
06-08-2006, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by LTZ400ridr

because polaris is scramblin to get somebody ridin so they dont look like idiots, and they probably waved a handful of greenbacks under his nose

Pappy
06-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Did Andy get hit in the head with a rock:huh

Mxjunkie
06-08-2006, 07:26 AM
Musta been a big rock :eek2:

KWAD GAWD
06-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Well, what would you do if a company said: "I'll give you unlimited free bikes for this year, and all the OEM parts you will ever need. Plus, riding gear and a nice paycheck every two weeks.... and on top of that, we'll give you $$ bonuses for doing well.
And just for fun, we'll cover all your travel expenses and hotels... and even pay your entry fees too.

Kinda hard to pass up, especially when he was paying for alot of stuff out of his own pocket before.

gbcap
06-08-2006, 08:47 AM
depends on how much of a fool he wants too look like...smiley isn't a chump...he can ride with the best of them. so there must have been an equipment issue there. maybe it was that he just didn't feel comfortable and andy could?

i would have a hard time turning down factory support to atleast give it a try. he is making enough money to fund his racing with his race shop...but why not let someone else pay for it? save that money!!

i say what the hell...give it a shot. if it doesn't work out by the end of the year move on?

RCinWV
06-08-2006, 08:48 AM
Yeah, I would race an 85 Quadsport if Suzuki would pay me and give me free ones with parts. I say good for him.

Pappy
06-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Did Andy get hit in the head with a rock:huh

It was Harlen that got hit in the head by a rock from an Outlaw riden by Andy:devil:

Anyone want to bet an Outlaw is in the top 5 at Sparta in the MORNING classes:chinese: That would exclude John G, and exclude Andy:devil:

I have a feeling Smiley backing out will open the doors for a few others that want to disprove that it can indeed be a winner. Or it could prove its a heavy beast thats best left to the trail riding crowd. I reckon the next few races could shed some light on this subject.

Trevor
06-08-2006, 08:58 AM
junk

TWISTED
06-08-2006, 09:30 AM
It was Harlen that got hit in the head by a rock from an Outlaw riden by Andy:devil:

Anyone want to bet an Outlaw is in the top 5 at Sparta in the MORNING classes:chinese: That would exclude John G, and exclude Andy:devil:

I have a feeling Smiley backing out will open the doors for a few others that want to disprove that it can indeed be a winner. Or it could prove its a heavy beast thats best left to the trail riding crowd. I reckon the next few races could shed some light on this subject.
Is Harlen gonna try one??? I think I'd pass on the oppurtunity.

Pappy
06-08-2006, 09:31 AM
He tested on one the other day, but I can not relay any of his opinions because he has to write a review on it. Its not abad trail quad, but I dont think I would want to ride one for 2 hours at race pace myself

trx400exxracer
06-08-2006, 09:32 AM
He tested on one the other day, but I can not relay any of his opinions because he has to write a review on it. Its not abad trail quad, but I dont think I would want to ride one for 2 hours at race pace myself

yeah I agree with you but I havent rode one yet so I dont know

but tha $$$$$ would be nice I would probably not pass the $$ up

insaneracin2003
06-08-2006, 10:22 AM
i saw an interview with Smiley the other day on RacerTV and Smiley said he loves the outlaw and that he will never go back to a straight axle again.he was prolly being paid at the time of the interview by Polaris. So you guys dont think the Outlaw will be any good in GNCC. i thought it would work a lil better with the irs.

gbcap
06-08-2006, 10:47 AM
the big problem with the IRS is that it is hard to get the power to the ground. when you are coming out of a turn and gas it...the rear wheels come together instead of staying flat like a solid axle does. this makes the rear unpredictable. the only advantage to the IRS that I see is the smoother ride and better over ruts and big rocks!

rbgnwa45
06-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Actually IRS improves traction because both tires will be touching the ground more often. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it just makes sence.

KWAD GAWD
06-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
Actually IRS improves traction because both tires will be touching the ground more often. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it just makes sence.
I don't agree with that one bit.

Quad18star
06-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Interesting to see .

I agree with Kwad Gawd.... if a manufacturer was willing to give you unlimited resources , I think most any racer would jump at the opportunity .

I wonder how many pro riders Power Wheels would be able to snag if they offered $5 million to anyone that would ride their battery powered quads .

It sure would be a sight to see .... " There goes Bill Balance rounding the first corner on his Big Wheel Power Wheels battery powered quad " :p

trx400exxracer
06-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Interesting to see .

I agree with Kwad Gawd.... if a manufacturer was willing to give you unlimited resources , I think most any racer would jump at the opportunity .

I wonder how many pro riders Power Wheels would be able to snag if they offered $5 million to anyone that would ride their battery powered quads .

It sure would be a sight to see .... " There goes Bill Balance rounding the first corner on his Big Wheel Power Wheels battery powered quad " :p

for 5 million I might do that one

ATV403
06-08-2006, 01:12 PM
I bet Matt would be real happy on Andy's Roll Design, Duncan,Douglas ITP 450R. Those are sponsors of his from the old days.

400exrules
06-08-2006, 01:24 PM
oh well, when he finally decides Polaris is not for him (andy), and he goes back to a 450, he will just be that much faster after having to race that big turd(outlaw) for 2 hour races

ex kid
06-08-2006, 01:40 PM
I saw Andy ride at a local race last Sunday. he looked pretty fast on the Honda.

Pappy
06-08-2006, 02:03 PM
LOL..I am still waiting to read where anyone stated Andy would be the on on a Outlaw:p

cletusEX
06-08-2006, 03:58 PM
LOL..I am still waiting to read where anyone stated Andy would be the on on a Outlaw:p

Yeah I'd be surprised to see him switch, I think he is very happy with how the 450r has been treating him.

Prey
06-08-2006, 04:31 PM

he is lucky all his teeth are still in place :eek2:

Big Chuck
06-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Harlen will be racing an Outlaw. Andy will be racing an Outlaw. Smiley will be racing his Predator. I race an Outlaw and will be there also. I am laughing my ***** off at the ignorant comments some are making about the Outlaw. We (Polaris) are doing quite well in alot of classes, morning and afternoon. Just can't stand the fact that Polaris is doing ok, can you? Let's let results over the next two races speak for Polaris.:D

400exrules
06-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Big Chuck
Let's let results over the next two races speak for Polaris.:D

lets let results for the past 3 years speak for honda;)

cdalejef
06-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Sounds like this weekend is going to be very interesting!

Pappy
06-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@TireBalls
Sounds like this weekend is going to be very interesting!

jeff, you should ride it:cool:

cdalejef
06-08-2006, 07:23 PM
I'd love to try one out, I've always said since back in the early 90's that IRS would rule if built correctly. I think this is the start of a great thing!

Pappy
06-08-2006, 07:25 PM
I dunno, thats a tall order. Call out a Pro rider that has been off the GNCC scene, throw him on a quad he is unfamiliar with and let him race it:ermm:

Sounds fun....but I wonder if we could make it happen:confused:

cdalejef
06-08-2006, 07:28 PM
LOL, I haven't rode since november. I doubt I could make it 1 lap! :ermm:

I am going to attempt to race a bike on Sunday tho.

Pappy
06-08-2006, 07:32 PM
I just showed bridget a pic from the first page and she asked where in the heck Jeff grew all that hair! LMAO....oh well, I corrected her:D

So, your saying that if one was to have a new Outlaw at the GNCC you would be willing to run it:confused: Ummm....decisions decisions....

cdalejef
06-08-2006, 07:44 PM
I'd rather have some practice time on it first.

Pappy
06-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@TireBalls
I'd rather have some practice time on it first.

man....i better get the sissy rags out, sounds like jeff is getting smart in his older age:D

id love to see you on it, maybe then we could get an opinion on that quad from a veteran rider who has alot of XC riding expierence. oh well, i reckon we will see what happens, i am sure someone will be riding it

cdalejef
06-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Sounds like Andy is the man!
Are you coming to the race? Don't forget were giving away 4 sets of Tire Balls! :macho

Pappy
06-08-2006, 08:03 PM
naaaa...the nationals mean squat to me anymore. if i want to sit in traffic jams i will go to work:p

i need tire balls like a need another quad:p but im sure you wont have trouble finding folks that will need them, wisp is coming:D

cdalejef
06-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Ya, no doubt. Since they canceled the WPSA I may be coming to the Wisp.

Pappy
06-08-2006, 08:07 PM
I thought about racing wisp again, this time without a twist throttle:p But the whole parking fiasco turns me off. Can you tell im sick of driving and sitting:D

poogi
06-08-2006, 09:37 PM
What the hell am I reading here???Andy on a poopoolaris Hes got a better chance of getting pregnant than winning a race on an outlaw..Some one needs to give him a piss test asap :rolleyes: I think he may be smoking something You know how them longhairs are!!!

450robot
06-09-2006, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by poogi
What the hell am I reading here???Andy on a poopoolaris Hes got a better chance of getting pregnant than winning a race on an outlaw..Some one needs to give him a piss test asap :rolleyes: I think he may be smoking something You know how them longhairs are!!!

wow dude, you are friggin stupid

i myself have ridden the outlaw, and feel that it is a very worthy quad, and yes the rear end hooks up 100% better than any straight axel quad in any condition out there... plus, you cant match the ground clearance. in places where i would get hung up on my skid plates on my 450r, the outlaw would just glide right over them

and the weight, although a little heavier in the steering, is not noticable when throwing around, or positioning the quad

Flynbryan19
06-09-2006, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by 450robot

i myself have ridden the outlaw, and feel that it is a very worthy quad, and yes the rear end hooks up 100% better than any straight axel quad in any condition out there... plus, you cant match the ground clearance. in places where i would get hung up on my skid plates on my 450r, the outlaw would just glide right over them

and the weight, although a little heavier in the steering, is not noticable when throwing around, or positioning the quad

Ahh yes, but your forgetting one thing.... Its a Polaris. The first 30-60hrs it will work great, then it'll nickle and dime you to death with everything that breaks on it.:ermm: I give Polaris props, they finally have a machine that CAN run with the best. Now they just need to get to the same build quality that the jap quads have been at for the last 20 years....

exracer416
06-09-2006, 10:08 AM
proper maintenance is key here, you take care of any quad itll take care of you i can show you a scrambler right now that has been through hell and farther and hasnt had one motor problem, or really any other problem to speak of, i have a honda now i love it its been through 3 years of racing its cost me some money i think its time for a new one, and i just may go predator i have nothing against polarism i personally think theyre more reliable then any of the yamaha 450's

Flynbryan19
06-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by exracer416
proper maintenance is key here, you take care of any quad itll take care of you i can show you a scrambler right now that has been through hell and farther and hasnt had one motor problem, or really any other problem to speak of, i have a honda now i love it its been through 3 years of racing its cost me some money i think its time for a new one, and i just may go predator i have nothing against polarism i personally think theyre more reliable then any of the yamaha 450's

Nope. That would not be the case. Polaris has a very poor build quality, and I have first hand experience of it. I am meticulous on maintnance to the point of being anal. I'm sorry, but a brand new off the showroom floor quad should not have an 1/8" slop in the wheel bearings and the same in the shock mounts both front and rear. My Predator was like this and I can take you to the dealer down the street here right now and all 3 of the predators there from 03-05 will all have the same problem.(Trust me.... I checked.) And this same "attention to detail" carries over to their tolerances in the motor department as well.

Myself as well as others have witnessed first hand how the polaris products will nickel and dime you to death. I will give it to Polaris that some of the quads go for hundreds of hours with no problems, but the majority do not. I feel that they have the "ability" to make a GREAT machine, but they seriously need to tighten up on their Quality Control.

poogi
06-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 450robot

before you go on calling someone STUPID Take a good hard look at the facts !Pooplaris is junk !!If you ride Hard On the Outlaw Im sure your seat has flew off into the nether regions of the unknown.Also trying to corner on the dual rear sends you wherever it wants .Not good and to think Andy would actually go to pooplaris makes you one of the stupid ***** people that just think they know what they are talking about but don't know thier ***** from a hole in the ground .And thats pretty obvious The way you think the outlaw is better than the 450R .You Need a urinalisis. I did not think so many people who ride were so stoned all the time that thier perception of reality was completly whacked!!you say Im friggin stupid I got one word for you !? Axle Learn this " nothing beats a Honda!!!!":mad:

Admin
06-09-2006, 08:29 PM
WOW!!!! Did I stir up a hornets nest or what??? Actually, Andy Lagzdins was only test riding the Polaris Outlaw & Predator for ATVriders.com along with Scott Norton and Ken Stanka this past Tuesday, but he will NOT be racing for Polaris. He will finish out the season on his Honda, and everyone will find out what Andy thinks of the Outlaw & Predator in the near future.

As for the Pro Racer on a Polaris This weekend, it will be Jeff Stoess racing an Outlaw at Sparta in the Morning Race. I will be racing a Polaris Predator Troy Lee Design machine in almost completely stock condition besides the addition of Tireballs.

Pappy
06-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Good luck Jeff!!!

Admin
06-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Jeff Stoess and I went out for some quick photos before tomorrow race

Admin
06-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Coming out of the woods

Admin
06-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Well, Jeff only has about 15 minutes of seat time on the Polaris, and he is excited to finally be racing again.

The last time he raced at the Sparta he took the Pro Overall

trx400exxracer
06-09-2006, 09:04 PM
what class will he be riding in the morning I figured he would be in the afternoon classes

Mxjunkie
06-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Off topic but...

Harlen your pictures are AMAZING now! Your getting very good at taking them. The one picture I can see the expression in Jeff's face and everything :eek2:

Pappy
06-09-2006, 09:25 PM
are you kidding me....when harlen takes as good of pictures as pop bottles he may be getting somewhere:o didnt you know that a*******.com has the absolute best pictures:ermm: dont worry harlen, you take a few screw folks over classes and learn to ditch your morals you may just be able to have someone tell you you have the best most unbiased reporting and absolutley the best photography found on the net:scary:

sorry folks..inside joke:devil:

Admin
06-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
what class will he be riding in the morning I figured he would be in the afternoon classes

Sportsman Class

TheFontMaster
06-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Bring one of them down to Unadilla in November, I'll race one for ya:macho :p

Ralph
06-09-2006, 11:36 PM
are you kidding me....when harlen takes as good of pictures as pop bottles he may be getting somewhere:o didnt you know that a*******.com has the absolute best pictures:ermm: dont worry harlen, you take a few screw folks over classes and learn to ditch your morals you may just be able to have someone tell you you have the best most unbiased reporting and absolutley the best photography found on the net:scary:

sorry folks..inside joke:devil:

lmfao

cdalejef
06-14-2006, 10:59 AM
So how did Andy do on the Outlaw?

Pappy
06-14-2006, 11:01 AM
I heard it wouldnt start and he rode his Honda:devil:

popo
06-14-2006, 12:39 PM
I heard it wouldnt start and he rode his Honda:devil:

I'm surprised that would start either.

poogi
06-14-2006, 12:45 PM
OUCH!!!

Pappy
06-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by popo
I'm surprised that would start either.

where did you finish gary? i havent looked at the results. lol...other then the top 5 pro's i havent looked at results all year:p

popo
06-14-2006, 01:54 PM
where did you finish gary? i havent looked at the results. lol...other then the top 5 pro's i havent looked at results all year:p

Were I always finish. :eek2: the back of the pack.