PDA

View Full Version : whats an emo?

fasterblaster09
06-07-2006, 08:25 PM
just curious, whats an emo? a type of person??

WhiteYFZ
06-07-2006, 08:25 PM
yeah

06-07-2006, 08:27 PM
A *** that cuts them self and dresses in black, someone who needs to some lead in there head.Jmo

YFZ450Ridr
06-07-2006, 08:29 PM
emo stands for emotional. they are basiclly gothic people but they think life sucks and blah blah. they always seem to be REALLY pale and all black cloths and hair. thier known for cutting themselves.

fasterblaster09
06-07-2006, 08:29 PM
depressed all the time?

06-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Yea i geuss. I should help them cut them selfs.

nosliw
06-07-2006, 08:35 PM
oh, and they live in the suburbs with loving wealthy parents, and if you mention that it pisses them off.

i used to love to screw with them at school

DieselBoy
06-07-2006, 08:35 PM
emo is short for emotional.

Hondadudeehhhh
06-07-2006, 08:47 PM
watch this video, you'll understand
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2685784?htv=12

06-07-2006, 08:50 PM
:D

Mx_523
06-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Emo is nothing more then another stereotype. They wear tight pants, usally very skinny and pale and are very emotional.

400exrules
06-07-2006, 09:05 PM
yah, i hate emo kids

06-07-2006, 09:18 PM
The Emo Song (http://emosong.ytmnd.com/)

Punk'd
06-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Stero typeing:rolleyes:

So anyone with long hair is emo? lol

sakirocket28
06-07-2006, 10:41 PM
emo's are the losers you see sitting in corners at school. there the ones that cut their hair in a ***gish manner and dress in black and whine about how much life sucks. most of them have no idea what there doing, or what the point of it really is, they just label themselves as "emo" as a excuse to fit in somewhere.:D

4oorider
06-07-2006, 11:31 PM
this calls for the "Emo 666" picture:blah

Iliketogofast
06-08-2006, 07:44 AM
Lol... It seems to me like everybody hates them. Even punks and goths and similar stereotypes can't stand them.

ny300exrider
06-08-2006, 08:13 AM
emo started out as a style of rock music, songs with emotional lyrics and soft instrumentals. it basically evolved into a huge stereotype. kids who call themselves emo are usually looked at as losers by most people. it just isnt cool to wear girls pants, wear makeup, dye your hair black, and hate life. i will say though, some of the original "emo" bands were pretty good. when i say originals i mean bands such as saves the day, northstar, etc. not good charlotte and simple plan.

06-08-2006, 08:29 AM
The Emo Song (http://emosong.ytmnd.com/)!

It explains it all :D

KWAD GAWD
06-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
Lol... It seems to me like everybody hates them. Even punks and goths and similar stereotypes can't stand them.
Well, your on an ATV riders site....
People who ride ATVs and dirt bikes are pretty much the opposite of 'Emo' -
We're usually very outgoing, like to have fun, like to be outdoors.... you get the picture.

When I was in high school we called those kind of people "weirdos".. and they got beat up all the time.
Then a few years after graduation, you'd hear about them ODing.

Quad Boy 660r
06-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by 4oorider
this calls for the "Emo 666" picture:blah

If thou asks, thou shalt recieve...

Chino
06-08-2006, 01:01 PM
I feel it's a misleading stereotype just like all the other stereotypes in the world. Some people just want to be different who are we to judge them? Who cares what someone wears or does when it doesn't even affect that person. I have a close friend that wears mostly all black, he excels in college and is in a band. Try to actually get to know people before judging them, that's what's wrong with todays society, most people assume ( ***- U -ME) before even getting to know someone. If you have time to worry about what other people look like or are dressing like and have time to make fun of them, you truly should look at yourself because you are in the wrong.

mxrider88
06-08-2006, 01:07 PM
emos are kids that NORMALLY let their hair grow in front of their face in front and keep the rest of it short...they act like they are all depressed and have a tough life even when they dont, normally emo's cut themselves but not always and yes they have their own type of music based oft instrumentals and the whole "my girlfriend dumped me" lyrics...but emo and goth are a whole seperate thing

Punk'd
06-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Stero-typeing is a game people play when they are still growing up in life. Its pointless and immature. I have alot of friends who dress emo, but deffinitly do not cut themselves. Infact they are one of the nicest people iv met. Some are in bands some just dress like that.

Who cares???:rolleyes:

400exrules
06-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
Well, your on an ATV riders site....
People who ride ATVs and dirt bikes are pretty much the opposite of 'Emo' -
We're usually very outgoing, like to have fun, like to be outdoors.... you get the picture.

this is true

half the emo guys seem to be homosexuals too..........i think wearing the tight girl pants is part of ithttp://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/cwm/eek6.gif

oh yah, and about 95% of emos have a myspace and they like to put up suicidal poems and black and white pictures of them being "sad" and sh^t...........its really pathetic

Ripitupfilms
06-08-2006, 01:38 PM
see if this works

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qBQtJJ9rI1k"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qBQtJJ9rI1k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DieselBoy
06-08-2006, 01:40 PM
http://www.helpbytes.co.uk/images/smileys/58.gif bad emo kids

Sjorge450R
06-08-2006, 02:07 PM
emo's wear fish nets on their arms......

CHEVYZ
06-08-2006, 02:14 PM
atvracer9m... that's some funny stuff right there!:p

Ripitupfilms
06-08-2006, 02:21 PM
i found lots of other videos..one was emo kids making videos of how they hate emo's

Meat
06-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Chino
I feel it's a misleading stereotype just like all the other stereotypes in the world. Some people just want to be different who are we to judge them? Who cares what someone wears or does when it doesn't even affect that person. I have a close friend that wears mostly all black, he excels in college and is in a band. Try to actually get to know people before judging them, that's what's wrong with todays society, most people assume ( ***- U -ME) before even getting to know someone. If you have time to worry about what other people look like or are dressing like and have time to make fun of them, you truly should look at yourself because you are in the wrong.

Well said Chino.

standardryder
06-08-2006, 02:41 PM
i have semi long hair and listen to hawthorne heights and AFI does this mean im emo:confused:

PismoLocal
06-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by standardryder
i have semi long hair and listen to hawthorne heights and AFI does this mean im emo:confused:

Maybe.......

Do you wear any cosmetics meant for females?

Quad Boy 660r
06-08-2006, 03:00 PM

This is possible...

Are you a crossdresser? (Girl pants, jackets, ect)

250r(quadman19)
06-08-2006, 04:10 PM
i dress emo but i dont really care if someone doesnt like it. oo well :macho emo isnt how u dress its ur personality

standardryder
06-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Quad Boy 660r
This is possible...

Are you a crossdresser? (Girl pants, jackets, ect)

well i have been known to get into girls pants before, but i can say i do not own a pair myself:p

Pvt. Maggot
06-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Its funny how some of you make fun of people, its a sterotype, everyones in one because everyone makes it that way..I sit and read this and laugh at how judgemental some of you are, Yeah there are some people that are pittyful the way they act, people who cut thereselfs and talk about how much life sucks just for the attention, but most people do what they do and dress how they do because they don't give a flying fizzuck about what close minded people like you think of them, Of course you can have your opnions on people, but the same way you have the right to that opnion, people have the right to be who they want to be. Maybe some of you should think about what you do before you do it, Because the person your hurting now, might just be the person who hurts you back worse. Alot of you who sterotype these people would put me in the same sterotype, I have black hair thats longer, slim, and pale, but i'm outgoing, I love outdoors, I'm building a badass truck, love cars, built a badass quad, so what out of that would make me a homo, a depressed cutter, or any of the above that some of you stated? Just wanted to voice my opnion.....Think before you speak...

06-08-2006, 06:03 PM
its that kid at future shop trying to sell you a tv.

they got cool hiarcuts too.

ridered11
06-08-2006, 06:17 PM
haha

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/emo-42710.jpg

http://chester.blig.ig.com.br/imagens/emo.jpg

mps211
06-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
Its funny how some of you make fun of people, its a sterotype, everyones in one because everyone makes it that way..I sit and read this and laugh at how judgemental some of you are, Yeah there are some people that are pittyful the way they act, people who cut thereselfs and talk about how much life sucks just for the attention, but most people do what they do and dress how they do because they don't give a flying fizzuck about what close minded people like you think of them, Of course you can have your opnions on people, but the same way you have the right to that opnion, people have the right to be who they want to be. Maybe some of you should think about what you do before you do it, Because the person your hurting now, might just be the person who hurts you back worse. Alot of you who sterotype these people would put me in the same sterotype, I have black hair thats longer, slim, and pale, but i'm outgoing, I love outdoors, I'm building a badass truck, love cars, built a badass quad, so what out of that would make me a homo, a depressed cutter, or any of the above that some of you stated? Just wanted to voice my opnion.....Think before you speak...

Well siad.

miller821
06-08-2006, 08:32 PM
I listen to some AFI and Hawthorne Heights, theres some pretty good songs. But i'm not depressed about life or nothing, and I look at these people as I would most others.

Pappy
06-08-2006, 08:33 PM
emo = homo misspelled and missing a letter:scary:

MXracer16
06-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

Great connection. :devil:

250R-Dee
06-08-2006, 10:17 PM
All I can do is laugh :D :eek2: . Some of the replies really cracked me up!! Thanks for the laughs.:devil:

Quad Boy 660r
06-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

Genius

LittleMissE
06-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
emo's wear fish nets on their arms......

I havent seen one emo kid that wore fish net on there arms but at my school some normal people did that for a few weeks!!

06-08-2006, 11:41 PM
I havent seen one emo kid that wore fish net on there arms but at my school some normal people did that for a few weeks!!

I wouldnt consider them too normal... :huh

LittleMissE
06-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by rudeintrudor

I wouldnt consider them too normal... :huh

Well they only did it for a few weeks and then that stage in there life was over!!!!

By the way emo is just a stage people are going to go through.

And to add to the normal at my school alot of the emo's at my school arent looked at that differently because there are that many of them.

Really the only thing different from an "emo" and a "Normal Person" is the way of thinking!!!!( But guys think different then girls does and guys and girls get along fine:confused: )

Ripitupfilms
06-09-2006, 05:13 AM
didnt you watch the movie let me clarifie..

THEY DONT DRESS GOTHIC,,(no fishnets) no chain on there HOT TOPIC brand pants.

THEY dress punkish, skaterish ,with a mix of Gay, eye liner and gurls 1980's fasion haircuts.. And tight pants

THey like gay things like poems non stop and depressing music..

LittleMissE
06-09-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
didnt you watch the movie let me clarifie..

THEY DONT DRESS GOTHIC,,(no fishnets) no chain on there HOT TOPIC brand pants.

THEY dress punkish, skaterish ,with a mix of Gay, eye liner and gurls 1980's fasion haircuts.. And tight pants

THey like gay things like poems non stop and depressing music..

Yeah thats how alot of people at my school dress!!! B/c at my school there arent many goths left!!! ( I go to a small school) So once one person trys something different then it seems everyone trys it!!!

fandl450r
06-09-2006, 09:58 AM
I'll go with the consensus, who cares? Like Pvt. Maggot (I agree 100%) said everyone is in one whether you want to be or not. I guess it just shows how immature a lot of people really are, judging people that is. Last time I checked they can dress/act however they please.

LittleMissE
06-09-2006, 10:05 AM
BY the way, I never said that I didnt like them. Some the "emos" (notice thats in quotes) only dress differently. And like I have said before there are tons at my school and most of them are still pretty cool people( they act the way they fell comfortable with and thats fine with me). I would rather someone act "emo"(a way they fell comfortable with) then someone be fake around me!!!

DVS_Freestyler
06-10-2006, 03:48 PM
i hate emo's. iv met to many of them. probably the most useless poeple in society next to druggies. if your that negative towards life go to a 3rd world country and cry to those poeple how bad you have it. if you wear eyeliner, makeup, or boyscout uniforms expect my elbow to your teeth.

Mxjunkie
06-10-2006, 04:42 PM
I thought you were emo Derek.. :scary:

:eek2:

Ruby Soho
06-10-2006, 05:32 PM
i can't stand emo kids.

lots of them wear girl pants.

:huh

06-10-2006, 06:17 PM
for those of you that dont know what it is, The Emo Song (http://emosong.ytmnd.com/) explains it all :P

freakin halarious

hondardr4life
06-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by DVS_Freestyler
i hate emo's. iv met to many of them. probably the most useless poeple in society next to druggies. if your that negative towards life go to a 3rd world country and cry to those poeple how bad you have it. if you wear eyeliner, makeup, or boyscout uniforms expect my elbow to your teeth.

I couldn't agree more.

mx428
06-10-2006, 06:39 PM
hahahahahahhahahaha this girl from the emo video goes to my school

bulkdriverlp
06-10-2006, 07:20 PM
we had a couple of them types in school in the late 80's, i see them all over the place now, they are scary looking and look like they are ready to kill somebody. wow how times have changed. ya that was a funny video. this is the first of the "emo" name ive heard.