PDA

View Full Version : cheapest mods??for power/torque

quadsport_rider
06-07-2006, 08:01 PM
hey all you quaders....im pretty sure just about every forum has this "cheapest mods" question...and im jsut to lazy to look for them....ha....so im gunna ask wat r the cheapest mods that can be done to the z 400 i knwo there are tuns but wat do u guys think works best ??....i herd that if u put a yfz FRC carb on and get stage 3 cams that it adds just as much horsepower as most big bores would add and you dont lose any reliability this way??? anyone doen it??...and wat r some other mods liek that??...anyones help would be sweet..thanks :) :confused:

jsmith2232
06-08-2006, 06:40 AM
first you need to bite the bullet and get a full exhaust and filter or your cam and carb will not be able to push the airflow that is needed to get the most out of it. Think airflow, air in faster air out faster will give you more power, start with your most restricted parts such as the exhaust and filter then go into a bigger carb or cams or port and polish.

cbr929rr
06-12-2006, 05:12 AM
drop a tooth on the front sprocket, you will lose a very small amount on the top end but how often do you tack out fifth gear. It's only like $10.

cbr929rr
06-12-2006, 05:12 AM
drop a tooth on the front sprocket, you will lose a very small amount on the top end but how often do you tack out fifth gear. It's only like $10.

GPracer2500
06-12-2006, 05:30 AM
Best bag for the buck on most machines is a gearing change, air filter w/ airbox mods, slip-on exhaust, and a re-jet. That's generic advice though--I don't know much about Z400s.

boricua
06-12-2006, 08:44 PM
^^^^^^^what he said. that usually the starting point. you will see an improvement. after that, things start getting more involved and more pricey.

JW450R1
06-13-2006, 05:48 AM
after market air box and rejet puts out a great amount of power,if u don't want to be loud.i u do want to be loud,hmf full exhaust jet kit and air box.big difference