PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere to ride in Illinois????

10-09-2001, 01:45 PM
Hey everyone,
Just curious, is there anywhere cool to ride in Illinois. I live in Rockford (close to the Illinois/Wisconsin border) and I just want to know if anyone knows of any cool places to ride. Let me know!

Thanks!
Matt
Sexxyrunr@aol.com

trx400ex
10-11-2001, 09:16 AM
you could try the badlands, in attica indiana

BrianEX
10-12-2001, 09:06 PM
Not too many places around since the cops started patrolling the trails behind Bob's Hardware. There are trails in Byron at the MX track. Otherwise if you want trails you'd better head to WI or become friends with a farmer in the area.

10-15-2001, 07:09 PM
There's a fun place in Ottowa, which is about an hour and a half south of you using route 39 http://www.megacross.com/foxvalleyor/index.html there's also just riding the back roads in Hick towns like mine, it's acttually legal in DeKalb county for us to ride on gravel roads. We also have a hill climb next to I-88 at an over pass. We've also taken over as the people that say they own the land but they don't a dried up creek. They think they own the creek but you have to own both banks of it to own it and my parents own the other side, we've turned that into a wierd MX track.

Loeryder
11-12-2001, 06:21 PM
You know that IL gets the same amount of Federal Funding for Off Road Vehicle recreation that MO does?
We have 2 state ORV parks and IL has none.
I'd be asking your representatives where that money is going because every state is getting some of it.

In MO you have St Joe St Park about 1.5 hours south of StL, which we are going this weekend the 17th. 3500 acres of flats and trails, no track some small jumps.

And Finger Lakes about 2.25 hours west of St Louis, 1500 acres of VERY rough hilly trails and an OK track.
it was in bad shape last time I was there three weeks ago. ALL rutted out and not really worth the trip out there.

Both of these parks have on site camping and full bathhouse facilites. $2 to ride all day with a helmet and a flag.

Hope this helps, If any of you plan trips down here let me know, we are always looking for an excuse to go riding.

Moto92
11-15-2001, 11:22 PM
The new Dirt Wheels magazine has the Illinois track guide in it.