PDA

View Full Version : FMF PowerCore IV 300ex

dascro
06-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Just looking online and saw there there are very few full exhaust systems that include the headpipe for the 300ex. I have only been able to find the yoshi, sparks x-4 and fmf. Just wondering what everyone thinks of the fmf, of course I am considering it because it is the most inexpensive of the 3 and it seems to be decent quality. I am mostly looking for a good headpipe because from what i understand that is the big restriction on the stock 300ex so I'm hoping that the FMF has a good headpipe so later i can update the silencer to a HMF. Thanks for the opinions.

Sjorge450R
06-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by dascro
Just looking online and saw there there are very few full exhaust systems that include the headpipe for the 300ex. I have only been able to find the yoshi, sparks x-4 and fmf. Just wondering what everyone thinks of the fmf, of course I am considering it because it is the most inexpensive of the 3 and it seems to be decent quality. I am mostly looking for a good headpipe because from what i understand that is the big restriction on the stock 300ex so I'm hoping that the FMF has a good headpipe so later i can update the silencer to a HMF. Thanks for the opinions.

first, there are other companys with a full system. Supertrapp,WB,Big Gun,Pro Circuit,Bills Pipes.

And second,a head pipe on a full system is different than a head pipe bought separetly. So the head pipe from the FMF full system, probaly isnt going to fit a HMF Canister. just buy a full system and keep it, it will be less hassle in the long run.

Steve.

dascro
06-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Would the white bros. aftermarket headpipe that is sold by itself, fit the factory silencer until I can afford to buy the HMF.

Sjorge450R
06-08-2006, 04:16 AM
it should, but you arent going to be experiencing any gains. Just save up and buy a complete system.

dascro
06-08-2006, 04:49 AM
So what are the opinions are the FMF powercore IV full system.

dascro
06-08-2006, 04:14 PM
No one has one?

06-08-2006, 04:31 PM
i think its not really a good exhaust.it doesn't have that good a sound and doesn't add much power(adds some but not much on the notice able side).if thats all u can afford i would get it.in my opinion the best pipe(pipes) for the ex are the hmf(not my personal favorite)and the sparks x-4(:D ).if u can give me your price range i can call a buddy of mine at a company and see what hes got or tell me what ur looking for(top end speed or bottom end power).
justin

dascro
06-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Well as to price range I can afford up to about 450 but of course cheaper is better. I am looking for something that adds more power to midrange or high revs. Are you sure that HMF makes a full system that includes a headpipe, I haven't been able to find one. I'd greatly appreciate you talking to your buddy and getting me any info you can.

Sjorge450R
06-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by dascro
Well as to price range I can afford up to about 450 but of course cheaper is better. I am looking for something that adds more power to midrange or high revs. Are you sure that HMF makes a full system that includes a headpipe, I haven't been able to find one. I'd greatly appreciate you talking to your buddy and getting me any info you can.

cheaper is not always better. You get what you pay for. And yes, HMF makes a full system, but you have to call them to order it I think. Just stay away from the FMF pipes. Only the high doller ones are worth it.

dascro
06-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Well I understand cheaper isn't always better is quality wise, but for me it is as I'm not looking at dumping a ton of money into a 300ex. I'm looking for something that is a good value, something that will have a good balance of performance and low cost. I haven't been able to find the HMF full system, do you have a web link for it?

06-08-2006, 08:15 PM
i called him and this is what he has.
yoshimura comp searies slip on=279.99
pro circuit t-4 slip on=337.95
fmf megamax slip on=224.99 i dont really like them much
fmf power core IV complete=269.99
white bros pro meg(e searies)slip on=332.95 complete=add 125.95
big gun evoX complete=431.99
supertrapp slip on=239.99
for any more questions call rocky mountain atv at 1.800.336.5437
7am-7pm mon-fri,8am-4pm sat. mountain standerd time.
justin