PDA

View Full Version : Honda 450r Stock shocks

Phills450r
06-07-2006, 03:26 PM
can you adjust them at all? I ride MX most of the time and its really stiff and will have to use them untill I can afford aftermarket/rebuilt

Phills450r
06-07-2006, 09:45 PM
bump^_- someone has got to have an answer for this...

tp300ex
06-08-2006, 05:18 AM
yes i kno u can i dont kno how tho...i also think that works sells an up grade kit u might want to look into...

bwamos
06-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Phills450r
can you adjust them at all? I ride MX most of the time and its really stiff and will have to use them untill I can afford aftermarket/rebuilt

I beleive the 450r shocks are fully adjsutable. I lot of people get them revalved by GT Thunder, Santo, etc.. They are a good shock with some adjustments.

Phills450r
06-08-2006, 08:07 PM
im thinking about sending them to gt thunder over the winter maybe?? alot cheaper then spending 2500 for shocks/a-arms

Lonestar_R
06-08-2006, 10:14 PM
I sent mine to Santo Derisi and they should be back any day now.....he is cheaper than GT Thunder but might take a little longer......He a heck of a nice guy and has treated me like we are old friends.....I will do a full ride report when I get them back.....this is just a thought on revalving.......I played with mine in stock form and they are just stiff.....send them away asap....they can't be any worse than in stock form....

400exrider707
06-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Lonestar_R
I sent mine to Santo Derisi and they should be back any day now.....he is cheaper than GT Thunder but might take a little longer......He a heck of a nice guy and has treated me like we are old friends.....I will do a full ride report when I get them back.....this is just a thought on revalving.......I played with mine in stock form and they are just stiff.....send them away asap....they can't be any worse than in stock form....

GT Thunder is definitely cheaper btw, as he only does single rate conversions. I have a GT rear with his link, and TCS stock rebuilds in the front done by C&D racing, and I love it!!!

fultz416ex
06-09-2006, 05:18 AM
santo's rebuilds are great . i have the mx setup and i love them. they work great on the track and in the woods. the price was really fair too.

Lonestar_R
06-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Well on GT Thunders website has a dual rate conversion for 740....he doesn't do the progressive rate conversion anymore.....Santo's dual rate conversion is 625.....they both include the rear link....now you tell me who is cheaper

coryatver
06-09-2006, 09:22 AM
You can't go wrong with either one. GT thunder definitly won't talk to you like your old friends though. They won't really tell you anything unless you ask them the right questions. I guess because of race secrets.

Santo DeRisi
06-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Our Turnaround time is much better now i have someone that is helping me now at the shop and things are moving much faster now with still the same great quality!!

400exrider707
06-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Lonestar_R
Well on GT Thunders website has a dual rate conversion for 740....he doesn't do the progressive rate conversion anymore.....Santo's dual rate conversion is 625.....they both include the rear link....now you tell me who is cheaper

Ok I was unaware that GT did away with the progressive springs. Does that inlcude all three shocks for both of those prices? Whose includes linkage bearings and who's doesn't for that price?

Also I would recommend not bothering with the works kit as it is just springs, which is useless if you dont have them valved to match. If you get it and have them sent out to be valved why not just send them to GT or santo?

On my 450 Im running stock fronts with the TCS triple rate conversion done by C&D racing, and in the rear I have the GT Thunder rebuilt rear with the GT link, and I love this setup so far.

Lonestar_R
06-13-2006, 05:45 AM
both include all 3 shocks and Linkage with bearings and seals......

Hey Santo where are my shocks...I thought I was to have them for last weekend.....can you get me a tracking number or something