PDA

View Full Version : How are they so far?

rollie
06-07-2006, 02:30 PM
How are the LTR's on MX tracks? I heard they lack low-end power but other that there fine,ive heard mixed feelings on the shocks would the guys that race MX with them reccomend them?

thanks

Baracudaaa
06-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Lacking power? Jumpin Jesus, someones not telling you the truth. I have the stock motor with just the Yoshi exhaust & PIM installed and can easily run with guys who have dumped huge $$$ into their motors with all kinds of work.
The shocks are great, but I hear that lighter riders are going to think they are too stiff. I weigh 215lbs and they are perfect for my style of MX riding.

picow18
06-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Baracudaaa
Lacking power? Jumpin Jesus, someones not telling you the truth. I have the stock motor with just the Yoshi exhaust & PIM installed and can easily run with guys who have dumped huge $$$ into their motors with all kinds of work.
The shocks are great, but I hear that lighter riders are going to think they are too stiff. I weigh 215lbs and they are perfect for my style of MX riding.
What is the PIM, and all that other stuff I know what the cherry bomb is but what is the PIM and that other thing I keep hearing about ?:D

knight rider
06-07-2006, 06:42 PM
ya all i have done to mine is a cb and baffles out airbox lid off and i have racedcanadian pros with full leagers 250rs and lt250rs and beat em also in the strait strech the honda 330r there both the same we were tapped beside each other until i bumped him outa the corner the shocks i bottom out every race i am only 150 pounds i hurt my back and both my wrists because they bottomd out but one u get suspesion set up correctly it would prolly be so sweet

rollie
06-07-2006, 07:05 PM
yeah, i weigh about 230 so the suspeion would be good, what about the low-end power?

R3Concepts
06-07-2006, 07:13 PM
I love mine so far. Each time I go out I get faster and faster. Ive adjusted the suspension quite a bit and I have it where its really comfortable. It for sure needs to be geared down for the bigger guys. I would run a 14/38, and still plan on doing so myself, being right at 200lbs.

rollie
06-07-2006, 07:43 PM
So they are deffintely worth it? i was just wondering because i havent seen one win in NEATV yet so i wanted to know if it was because the riders arent used to them or what, thanks for the info gusy

R3Concepts
06-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by rollie
So they are deffintely worth it? i was just wondering because i havent seen one win in NEATV yet so i wanted to know if it was because the riders arent used to them or what, thanks for the info gusy

I think they are. I put a few little things on ours, and its competitive already. Its super easy to go fast on.

KWAD GAWD
06-07-2006, 07:55 PM
People who are used to 400ex power - who hasn't spend much time on a modern high revving 4 stroke may think it lacks low end becasue they are used the that low end "grunt" 400ex chug-a-lug dinosaurs have.

They are revvers! They aren't luggers. They have a light flywheel...

They aren't designed to run in the low RPMs, they are made to run mid and up to overrev. It's an MX bike!

Bone stock they are zippy, but not fast.
CB, pipe and good filter - they are definetly fast. 52 horse, thaty's pretty good for me!

I'm 175 - the stock shocks feel stiff up front. The back is ok.

Rob Z400<LTR450
06-07-2006, 08:15 PM
I have had mine for 3 weeks and in stock form it didnt seem to be real impresive but with the air box lid off, baffle out and the cherry bomb it woke up the beast and I was alot more satisfied. Then it would run extremely well lol actually fast :D . The susp. is great considering its stock just a few adjustments will make it a lot better also you must set it up for your riding style just like anything. The width help it alot cornering and the weight distribution lets it jump vey well also with great landings. It was well worth it.

bwamos
06-08-2006, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by rollie
How are the LTR's on MX tracks? I heard they lack low-end power but other that there fine,ive heard mixed feelings on the shocks would the guys that race MX with them reccomend them?

thanks

I agree with the others. I think someones blowing smoke up your butt. ;) Either that or they rode an LT-R fully restricted.

Every dyno comparison I've seen between the 3 450's shows the LT-R having a bit more torque down low than the other 2. Most likley contributed to the EFI's ability get the proper amount of fuel in at low rpms & high throttle position since it's going to atomize much better and more adjustable than the accelerator pump stream on a standard carb.