PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Project Bike

LML67
08-12-2002, 11:25 AM
Well, I finally bought a used 400ex. It's a 2000 and does need some work. Anyway, I have a few questions here. First, I am removing the lights. Should I unplug at connectors and tape up or remove all wiring related to wiring? Also, can I get rid of the green neutral light and key switch? If so, I think I can bypass the switch by splicing both wires from the key switch together. Will this have any drain on the battery? Also, what are my options if I want to loose the stock controls and go with a different starter button? Next, the quad has a Pro Design Kill Switch to hook up. Where do I make the connections at the coil? Also, it has a bent sub frame. Have any of you had any luck at straightening or should I just buy I new one? If so, how much should I be willing to spend for a replacement? If any of you have any stock ex rims for sale, I am looking for one front and one rear. Thanks!

RideRed400StYlE
08-12-2002, 01:51 PM
I would just unplug the lights, and as for the key and green light, you can unplug the green light and get rid of it. and if you splice the key it will always be on, and it will drain you bettery.. You can always relocate the key, or buy a switch to replace it that can be hidden anywhere on the quad, and I even think you can probably hook the tether up to where the key was to replace it? (just an idea)
as for hooking up the tether I am not sure exactly what wires you need to hook it up to