PDA

View Full Version : banshee project

JMaN05
06-06-2006, 06:03 PM
i am running the same drill as 97blaster200. and his isnt a POS, i dont think mine is either...stock, and dirty but its getting there! i have recently bought a 2000 Banshee and am about to mod the ***** out of it! or trade it plus a few $$$ for a fully MX quad... but here it goes!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/JohnLombardi/Quad%20Pics/Picture270.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/JohnLombardi/Quad%20Pics/Picture271.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/JohnLombardi/Quad%20Pics/Picture272.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/JohnLombardi/Quad%20Pics/Picture269.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/JohnLombardi/Quad%20Pics/Picture273.jpg

so far i have ordered -+1" burgard antivibe stem
-Tag T2's
-LSR p-b blockoff
-PEP clutch lever and perch
-Toomey TR-6 pipes
-Vforce3 reeds
-Pro design Kill switch
-WB boost bottle
-Toomey airbox eliminator 2into1 filter
-DID 520 red chizane
-ITP c-seires rear rims w/R/A shredders
-EBC pads
-Yamaha graphic kit w/gripper seat cover
-450r throttle
-AC dirtscreen bumper
-AC pro peg nerfs w/heelguards
-AC grab bar
-Dual 25 fin inline coolers

but more to come! what next? i was thinking trinity 2into1 34mm carb kit.

if anyone has some nice shee stuff for sale, PM me, im up for most anything!

97blaster200
06-06-2006, 06:09 PM
hey man! yeah man yours isnt a POS. neither is mine. they are just dirty...thats what happens when you k now how to ride :devil:

good luck with the overhaul man!

JMaN05
06-06-2006, 06:23 PM
thanks, same to you!

enquadrider16
06-06-2006, 11:25 PM
CANCEL THE ORDER ON THE BOOST BOTTLE, as many of us will tell you, it does nothing at all but shakes around above the engine. its just a waist of money.
What next? Shocks and a-arms, unless your building a drag bike.

JMaN05
06-07-2006, 03:31 AM
yea, i cant cancel the order, i ordered it through ebay...i've heard good things about them.. i dk

i am hoping to turn this into an MXer

mic 902
06-07-2006, 04:21 AM
If you are making it an mx quad you need to get a +2 steering stem and move the footpegs back for a way more comfortable riding position/ more stable for jumping. You might want to replace the stock swingarm aswell they break easily and usually in the worst possible places like on a heavy landing. For suspension TCS shocks work well without costing to much. Small things like running better spark plugs make a huge difference on the responsiveness at the very low revs.You should get some in-line coolers for the radiator lines aswell, when you start to rev the engine hard they get really really hot. Kehin PWK carb's are the way to go they help heaps and if you find the thumb throttle to hard try and get your hands on an old housing from a tri-Z, they have way softer springs in them and look better.

If you got any other questions just ask.:D

I no all this cus my Dads banshee is absoloutly kick arse and this is some of the stuff he has done.

JMaN05
06-07-2006, 06:49 PM
thanks..

so far i have
-+1" burgard antivibe stem
-Tag T2's
-LSR p-b blockoff
-PEP clutch lever and perch
-Toomey TR-6 pipes
-Vforce3 reeds
-Pro design Kill switch
-WB boost bottle
-Toomey airbox eliminator 2into1 filter
-DID 520 red chizane
-ITP c-seires rear rims w/R/A shredders
-EBC pads
-Yamaha graphic kit
-450r throttle
-AC dirtscreen bumper

mic 902
06-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Sounds sweet. Ifg you want huge power gains you can put a 400 stroker kit on it, that'll give you massive bottom end but if your running top end pipes some small redd spacers are a good idea. Also You really need to get some strong footpeg bolts, the strongest possible because as soon as you start jumping they break easily, and im only average weight rider. A billet kickstarter is a good thing to buy early because the kickstarters rattle alot when they wear out a bit. Any more questions just ask or drop me an email at mic_902@hotmail.com
:D

Mxjunkie
06-08-2006, 08:33 AM
DEFF dont get a boost bottle, I hate mine... All it does is shake around and rip my intakes :grr:

jimmy123_272
06-08-2006, 09:06 AM
all the boost bottle does is when the piston isgoing down the fuel will try to go back to the carburators and it will suck up that fuel into the boost bottle and mix it with air and then when the motor needs more fuel it will suck the mixed fuel out of the boost bottleand thern burn it and some fuel from the carb and then more fuel gets put into the boost bottle so that is all that it does

JMaN05
06-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Mxjunkie-its too late...

jimmy123_272-does it do any good then? add some power or what?

flip73
06-09-2006, 05:39 AM
I just looked through this quick, didn't see porting mentioned. Banshee's respond VERY well to porting. If you're going to MX it I'd highly recommend a mild bottom end port. You can get a really good clean up / MX port for $200 bucks or so, helps bottom end a lot.

JMaN05
06-09-2006, 07:15 AM
really, thanks..is it still trailable with porting?

JMaN05
06-09-2006, 07:17 AM
also, what about an aftermarket banshee CDI? they work IMO for 4-strokes, but what about a shee?

flip73
06-09-2006, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by JMaN05
really, thanks..is it still trailable with porting?

Absolutely still trailable with porting - just depends on the porting you get. If you get a dune port, you can get a ton of power out of these motors, but it won't be very trail friendly...actually you'll probably kill yourself with an aggressive dune port on he trails. Get a low end port like a woods port or MX port, and you'll see a huge difference. Not nearly as much power as a dune port, but much more low end. Not much down there stock, and by no means would I call it thumper power, but WAY better than stock.

There are a ton of shops that do good port work, so nothing against any of them, but I've had very good luck with Jeff at F.A.S.T. Racing in KS. He's at 785-364-5325 if you want to give him a buzz, he's a really nice guy. Busy season for builders now, so may be good to give it some time - or get ready to wait!

JMaN05
06-09-2006, 08:20 AM
i'd like to find someplace local if i decide to go that route. but thanks..

flip73
06-09-2006, 08:20 AM
Forgot about aftermarket CDI in my rambeling above - they are good, but you can get a adjustable timing plate form Ricky Stator pretty cheap and dial in +4 or so, helps the bottom end out too...good cheap mod for MX.

jimmy123_272
06-09-2006, 09:41 AM
Mxjunkie-its too late...

jimmy123_272-does it do any good then? add some power or what?

they add a small amount of power (barely noticebale)

JMaN05
06-09-2006, 10:29 AM
before i go internally i am getting other cheaper easier things. is the CDI worth it?

250r4life
06-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by enquadrider16
CANCEL THE ORDER ON THE BOOST BOTTLE, as many of us will tell you, it does nothing at all but shakes around above the engine. its just a waist of money.
What next? Shocks and a-arms, unless your building a drag bike.

yep- boost bottle is worthless

250r4life
06-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by jimmy123_272
all the boost bottle does is when the piston isgoing down the fuel will try to go back to the carburators and it will suck up that fuel into the boost bottle and mix it with air and then when the motor needs more fuel it will suck the mixed fuel out of the boost bottleand thern burn it and some fuel from the carb and then more fuel gets put into the boost bottle so that is all that it does

in theory...

i still say theyre junk...

flip73
06-09-2006, 01:17 PM
I wouldn't say a CDI isn't worth it, it is, but I'd do other things first. I think you mentioned earlier possibly getting a single carb intake, I'd go for that for MX before a CDI. You'll get varying opinions on the single intakes, but IMO it's a great mod for trail and MX.

Watch EBAY or the for sale section on BansheeHQ, you can get them for $250-$300 or so used. Trinity and Cascade still make 'em new for like $460-$480 complete.

Chassis / suspension is very important too, stock stuff is pretty rough. At some point I'd allocate some dough for that...then again I'm old, fat and out of shape...I'd put Cadillac shocks on mine if I could.

250r4life
06-09-2006, 01:20 PM
before i go internally i am getting other cheaper easier things. is the CDI worth it?

no... dont get a cdi unless yours is bad and its obviouosly not..

JMO but i'm not too fond of that toomey two into one filter thing...

if i was you and didnt want to run the airbox, i would much rather get some clamp on filters... wether you get K&Ns of those UNI pod filters, i would ditch that two into one power wheel piece...

flip73
06-09-2006, 02:51 PM
You can still get the single carb intake and still use the airbox, just need the airbox adapter...single carb is easier to set up and jet too - well it's quicker anyway. For MX, I'd run the airbox sans lid. I have found that a single 35 helped the bottom end response quite a bit, but I changed from the dual stockers which run out of air pretty quick on even a mild motor. If you're building a top end motor, you'll definitely want dual carbs...and I admit the cool factor of 2 nice shiny carbs is lost with the single carb. It's a preference thing, some like 2 carbs, some like 1. I wish I rode dunes, but for the trails and pits by me, single works pretty well.

JMaN05
06-09-2006, 02:57 PM
thanks guys

JMaN05
06-09-2006, 03:01 PM
well, i just broke my rear caliper. so thats something i have to buy first. i need rear brakes for MX.

the d@mn thing was p!ssing me off. one thing i HATE about banshees which almost makes me want to sell this one. things never go in straight. the oil dip stick on the 4 banshees i've had were always a pain in the @ss to screw in and took forever to get threaded straight. and now the rear caliper nipple where you bleed from was doing that and i couldnt get it in straight. p!ssed me off ending up with a broken caliper:mad: :ermm: unfortunetly anger doesnt pay, it winds up costing..

and now, i need a caliper, so if any of you guys have a rear caliper sitting around, help a brother out!

JMaN05
06-18-2006, 12:48 PM
alright so a bunch of parts are on it and its looking great!! ill have some newer pics of next week/weekend. shee looks cute :confused: :devil:

Mxjunkie
06-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Hey where in PA are you located? I've always wanted to ride with another banshee :D

JMaN05
06-18-2006, 07:43 PM
hah, me too..:confused:

northeast PA. i think we discovered we are about 2hrs apart. i was going to trade one of my quads for your banshee when you were selling it.

Jake250ex
06-19-2006, 09:22 AM
i got some works tripple rates that would look good on there :cool:

pm me if intersted

Mxjunkie
06-19-2006, 09:29 AM
hah, me too..:confused:

northeast PA. i think we discovered we are about 2hrs apart. i was going to trade one of my quads for your banshee when you were selling it.

Really.. thats crazy haha which quad?

JMaN05
06-19-2006, 09:47 AM
i am looking for shocks, you have yourself a pM

JMaN05
06-19-2006, 09:48 AM
i honestly dont remember. may have been my cannondale

JMaN05
06-19-2006, 09:50 AM
jake250ex, clean out your inbox!!

send me detials and pics of the shocks. rider style, a-arms set up for, weight set up for, adjustable, remote rezzy, etc? harleyvette03@msn.com
thanks

Jake250ex
06-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Sorry boss! :cool: shes cleaned out now. Try er again.

They are tripple rates, with remote resivoirs. They have blue and white springs, pred load adjustability and only have a few rides on them. I bought them new for damn near $700 and my shee blew up! They have been sitting on it for about a year in my garage and Im just trying to get some money.

Anyway, they are valved for 180lb agressive XC rider / recreational MX rider on stock a arms. In all honesty, they are some of the plushest shocks I have ever put on a quad! Im not saying that just to sell them, they really do feel great.

my e mail doesnt work worth a crap the best way to get at would be thru pm's

JMaN05
06-19-2006, 08:00 PM
PMed